This Slow Cooker Kielbasa and Green Beans recipe is so easy! Simply throw the savory mix of Polish sausage, fresh green beans, potatoes, and chicken broth in a crockpot and let it do all the work. Enjoy this hearty meal with egg noodles or rice.
Easy kielbasa recipe with green beans
Hearty, savory, meaty, delicious… I could go on! This Slow Cooker Kielbasa and Green Beans recipe is so easy to love. It’s loaded with Polish sausage, tender vegetables, and plenty of herbs and seasonings that all cook together in a slow cooker. After 4 hours, you have a hearty and savory dish to enjoy with egg noodles or a tasty side dish for the holidays!
Green beans are usually in season from May through to October, making this recipe perfect for summer and fall. Head to your garden or local farmer’s market to pick up a bunch of fresh beans and use any extras in a Green Bean Broccoli Casserole or Minestrone Soup.
Cooking kielbasa and vegetables in a crockpot is one of the easiest solutions when you’re running low on time or just don’t feel like spending a ton of time in the kitchen. It’s why I’m always throwing my Kielbasa and Cabbage and Kielbasa in Tomato Sauce recipes together for simple, no hassle dinners. The flavors are big and the effort is small!
What is kielbasa?
Kielbasa (keel-bah-sah) is a Polish sausage that’s been smoked, cured, or served fresh. It can be made with almost any kind of meat, like pork shoulder, veal, ground meat, and beef. The taste is pretty similar to other sausages but typically has stronger notes of garlic.
Smoked beef kielbasa is a staple in my kitchen. It’s a hearty, tender, and flavorful addition to almost anything, like soups, veggie skillets, tomato sauce, and one pot dinners. Plus, with sliced kielbasa added to the mix, your meals are guaranteed to keep you fuller for longer.
How to make kielbasa and green beans in a crockpot
I recommend making this slow cooker recipe with as much as 1 to 1.5 pounds of fresh green beans. They break down and soften in the crockpot, so you never miss out on the fresh flavors. Follow the easy steps to get this kielbasa dinner recipe done in no time:
Slice up the kielbasa sausage into bite sized pieces and chop up all of your veggies.
Add the meat, veggies, and the rest of your ingredients into the slow cooker. Cover with a lid and cook on LOW for 4 hours.
When it’s done, serve a scoop of the green beans and kielbasa mixture over egg noodles or rice, then enjoy!
How to serve kielbasa and green beans
This dish is particularly delicious served as a main over cooked egg noodles or white rice. You can even top it with tomato sauce for a little extra flavor.
You can also serve the kielbasa, potatoes, and green beans as a hearty side dish along with chicken pot pie, ham, or roasted chicken. I really like serving it for the holidays as a tasty side next to the Thanksgiving turkey, cranberry sauce, and more roasted vegetables.
Frequently asked questions
- Can I use a different kind of sausage? If you don’t have kielbasa you can make this recipe with any smoked sausage you love.
- Can I use frozen green beans? I prefer to use fresh green beans but frozen green beans will work.
- What kind of potatoes are best? Small red or white potatoes are already bite sized and perfect for this recipe. If you only have larger potatoes, like russet or Yukon Gold, they work well too, just make sure to chop them up.
- How to store leftover green beans? If you have more green beans than you know what to do with, they can easily be frozen for later. No blanching needed!
Hungry for more slow cooker recipes?
- Pot Roast
- Cabbage Beef Soup
- Tomato Sauce
- Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
- Sausage and Green Peppers
- Chicken Pot Pie
Pin for later:
Slow Cooker Kielbasa and Green BeansPrint
- 1 pound beef kielbasa cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 pound fresh green beans ends trimmed, cut into thirds ( you can use anywhere between 1 and 1.5 pounds of green beans depending on how many you have)
- 3 tomatoes chopped
- 2 potatoes chopped (no need to peel them)
- 1 medium onion peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Add all the ingredients into the slow cooker and stir to combine. Close lid and cook on LOW for 4 hours.
- Serve this dish as is, or over rice (our favorite) or egg noodles. Enjoy!