Easy to make Kielbasa and Brussels Sprouts Skillet meal ready in 30 minutes. Serve this simple Polish dinner over egg noodles.
Polish Kielbasa Recipe
If you haven’t noticed, my family has a love for kielbasa sausage. Having a Polish Mother, I love me any meal that includes kielbasa, cabbage or potatoes in it.
Usually I like cooking kielbasa in the slow cooker or oven, but I wanted a simple 20 minute meal to make on those nights where I need something on the table quickly. That’s how I came up with this Kielbasa and Brussels Sprouts Skillet meal.
How to Make a Kielbasa Skillet
Cook the kielbasa. Heat olive oil in a large skillet, add kielbasa, minced garlic and slices of onion. Stir until the onions soften up, about 8-10 minutes, stirring often so the onions don’t burn.
Add the veggies. After you quarter the Brussels Sprouts, add them and mushrooms to the skillet and cook for about 10 minutes, or until vegetables are soft. Make sure to stir them often to prevent them from sticking to the skillet. Once finished, give them a taste and season them with salt and pepper.
Don’t love mushrooms? It’s ok. I’ll eat them all for you. 🙂 In all seriousness, if you don’t like them, you can skip them in this meal. Add more Brussels Sprouts, or subsitute the mushrooms with carrots or potatoes.
Dinner is ready. Serve this meal over egg noodles, rice, or as is. Personally, we’re team egg noodles all the way.
And just like that you have a quick, easy, delicious Kielbasa Skillet meal to serve your family. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Other Recipes You’ll Like:
Slow Cooker Kielbasa and Cabbage
How to Cook Brussels Sprouts in the Oven
Slow Cooker Sausage and Green Peppers
Crock Pot Kielbasa in Tomato Sauce
Slow Cooker Kielbasa, Brussels Sprouts and Potatoes
Polish Sausage and Cabbage Soup
Cabbage and Noodles
Slow Cooker Sausage and Cabbage
Slow Cooker Meatballs & Potatoes
Pin for later:
Kielbasa and Brussels Sprouts SkilletPrint
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound kielbasa cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 yellow onion sliced thin
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts ends trimmed and quartered
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add kielbasa, garlic and onion and stir until onion softens up, about 8 minutes.
- Add brussels sprouts and mushrooms and cook for 10 minutes, or until vegetables are soft, stirring often so they don't stick to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over egg noodles, rice or as is.