Easy to make Slow Cooker Sausage and Green Peppers recipe. Serve over egg noodles, rice or on top of a hoagie roll for a sausage & peppers sandwich. This crockpot meal is made with 5 green peppers, onions and Italian Sausage, ready in 7 hours.
Slow Cooker Sausage and Green Peppers Recipe
What’s not to love about this Slow Cooker Sausage and Green Peppers Recipe? It’s made with Sweet Italian Sausage, green peppers, tomatoes and onion, all cooked in your favorite tomato sauce.
It’s easy to make – you just put in all the ingredients and let your crock pot do all the work for 7 hours. Once it’s ready, make some egg noodles and serve the sausage meal on top of that. And just like that, you have a delicious homemade dinner ready to eat!
Recipe that Uses Lots of Green Peppers
Because it’s bell pepper picking season in the garden, I’m often left with a handful of peppers everyday. There’s so many green pepper recipes my family loves, but this is one of our favorite meals because it uses 5 green peppers!
If you wanted to double (or even triple!) this recipe to cook for a large group, you totally can. All you have to do is double the ingredient amounts, that means 10 green peppers! Alternatively, you could even make a double batch of this and freeze for later on. This is another great idea if you’re picking lots of peppers in the garden right now!
This is a simple list of ingredients to pick up at the grocery store (and your garden!).
- Italian Sausage (you can use SWEET or HOT)
- green bell peppers
- pasta sauce
How to Make
Slice Italian Sasusage into 2 inch pieces. You can use sweet sausage, hot sausage or a mixture of both. Chop up bell peppers, tomatoes and onion. Mince garlic (I love using my garlic press!).
Place sausage, peppers, tomatoes, onion and garlic into slow cooker.
Pour pasta sauce on top of everything, mixing with a spoon.
Cook on LOW for 7 hours or HIGH for 3.5 hours.
Serve on top of egg noodles, rice, or on a hoagie roll for a sausage sub!
I’m a big fan of serving this meal over egg noodles, but here’s a few more tasty serving ideas!
- Elbow Noodles. Make elbows according to box and then serve this meal over top of them.
- Rice. Rice is so good with this meal as it soaks up the tomato sauce perfectly. I like to cook rice in my rice cooker during the last 30 minutes so everything is done around the same time.
- Subs. Grab some nice hoagie rolls from the store and serve this sausage and peppers as delicious sausage subs! Make sure to melt some American or provolone cheese on top. YUM!
Pin for later:
Slow Cooker Sausage and Green PeppersPrint
- 2 pounds Sweet Italian Sausages (can use HOT if you'd like) chopped into 2 inch pieces
- 5 green bell peppers chopped
- 2 large tomatoes chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garic minced
- 1 24 ounce jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- Place Italian Sausage pieces, green peppers, tomatoes, onion and garlic into slow cooker.
- Pour pasta sauce on top of ingredients and stir to mix.
- Cook on LOW for 7 hours or HIGH for 3.5 hours.
- Serve over egg noodles, rice or on top of a hoagie roll for a peppers sausage sub!