DOUBLE CHOCOLATE Peanut Butter Protein Cookie Recipe! This easy recipe makes 2 dozen delicious, healthy cookies made with chocolate protein powder. I love eating these chewy cookies for breakfast or a afternoon snack because they’re a great source of iron, protein and fiber!
This protein cookie recipe is AMAZING! They’re double chocolate, peanut butter and made with chocolate protein powder which gives a nutritional boost! Who doesn’t love a cookie that packs a punch with sources of iron, and high in protein and fiber? I made these cookies a few days ago to rave reviews and they were gone the next day. They’re that good.
protein powder cookies
With the arrival of baby, I find myself lagging during the afternoon and forgetting to eat lunch. With a newborn baby, there’s something always needing to be done from snuggles, feeding, diapers, cleaning, laundry and saying out loud “I love you so much but why won’t you stop crying? Please talk to me and tell me why!”. These cookies are perfect to grab and go, not only during the afternoon but during the middle of the night feeds and pumping too.
Protein cookie recipe!
I use Bob’s Red Mill Chocolate Protein Powder for these cookies which not only do I love for shakes but is perfect to bake with too. You can use any chocolate protein powder that you’d like to use!
These cookies now share a special place in my heart since they were the first cookies Enceladus and I baked together. She was just 5 days old and helping her Mama make Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Cookies in the kitchen, I have to teach her to love cookies early!
Next time you’re looking for a new cookie recipe that adds nutrition to your diet, look no further and make these Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Cookies! Enjoy!
Pin for later:
Peanut Butter Protein Cookie RecipePrint
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chocolate protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix butter, peanut butter, sugars, egg and vanilla together until creamy in large bowl.
- Add flour, protein powder, baking powder, salt, and baking soda to mixture. Continue to mix.
- Stir in chocolate chips and mix with spoon until they are equally distributed.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place cookies on a cookie sheet that's been sprayed with nonstick spray or place on a silicone baking mat.
- Use the back of a fork to make a criss-cross appearance on every cookie. Sprinkle each cookie with sugar.
- Bake for 13 minutes or until slightly golden brown around the edges.