Super soft vegan peanut butter cookies recipe! This easy 1 bowl vegan cookies recipe makes 18 cookies, each at 150 calories, making them a guilt free dessert! Cookies are ready in 12 minutes!
Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
These vegan cookies are so soft, tasty, and can you believe they’re vegan? That’s right! There is no milk or butter in these cookies!
I’ve been trying to stick with a dairy free diet, and with recipes like dairy free mashed potatoes and vegan pancakes, it makes it easier. But what I’m craving is a handful of cookies! This is officially one of my favorite vegan cookie recipes!
So I grabbed my apron and 1 bowl (yeah, it’s a easy 1 bowl recipe!) and set out to make some vegan peanut butter cookies! Verdict? YUM YUM YUM!
Vegan Cookies Recipe
I love that these cookies have 7 ingredients, all ingredients that I always have in my kitchen! Everytime I make a batch of these my daughter runs to the kitchen yelling “cookies! cookies!”. They make the perfect treat for some Mama, daughter cookie bonding time!
These cookies come in at 150 calories a piece, making them a healthy alternative to store bought cookies! The recipe makes 18 cookies, perfect for sharing with your friends and family. Alternatively you can freeze leftovers (but seriously, who has leftover cookies?)
Vegan Cookies Ingredients
- creamy peanut butter (I love Adams natural peanut butter)
- white sugar (don’t want refined sugar? that’s fine, read below!)
- brown sugar
- all purpose flour (want gluten free cookies? that’s fine, read below!)
- baking soda
- almond milk (I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
What can I use for a white sugar substitute for baking?
You can use coconut sugar as a substitute for refined sugars. This recipe calls for 1/2 cup white and 1/2 cup brown sugar, but you can use 1 cup coconut sugar in it’s place.
Can I make these vegan cookies gluten free?
You sure can! All you need to do is substitute 2/3 cup oat flour for the all purpose flour. Ta-da now you got some delicious gluten free cookies!
I hope you love this Vegan Cookie recipe as much as I do!
Pin for later:
Vegan Peanut Butter CookiesPrint
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 tespoon salt
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- additional white sugar to roll cookies in
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl cream together peanut butter, white sugar and brown sugar with a hand mixer. Once combined add vanilla and continue mixing.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt and almond milk into bowl and mix for a few seconds, until combined. The cookie dough will be a little crumbly but that’s ok!
- Prepare 2 cookie sheets with silicone baking sheets or spray with nonstick spray. Roll the dough into large balls (recipe should make about 18 cookies), and then gently roll in white sugar to cover. Use a fork to gently press down on each cookie a little bit – not too much or they will crumble!
- Bake cookies for 12 minutes. Once out of the oven, allow to cool for 15 minutes. This is important as the cookies will be very soft when they come out of the oven but they will harden up as they cool.
- Store in an airtight container or freeze for later on.