Easy to make Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies that tastes just like Girl Scout Cookies! These chewy oatmeal peanut butter cookies with peanut butter buttercream between them are the best!
The Best Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
These cookies didn’t last long in my house. Just within 2 days, the cookie container on the counter was empty and everyone was asking me “When are you going to make those peanut butter cookies again?”. They are the best.
The cookies themselves are chewy peanut butter cookies, with a peanut butter buttercream filling inside. These soft cookies are a peanut butter lovers dream come true. If you like Peanut Butter Girl Scout Cookies, then you’re going to absolutely love these!
Ingredients for Soft Peanut Butter Cookies
- Butter. Make sure the butter is softened, and not melted. Melted butter will result in a flatter cookie.
- Peanut Butter. These cookies are all about the peanut butter, for both cookies and filling. I recommend using a classic creamy peanut butter, like JIF or Skippy.
- White Sugar & Brown Sugar. I like to mix the sugars to give more of a rich chewy sweet flavor.
- Egg. You only need 1 egg for this recipe.
- Vanilla Extract.
- Flour. You will need all-purpose flour. I have not experimented making these with other flours, but if you want to use whole wheat I think they would turn out nicely too.
- Baking Soda and Baking Powder
- Quick Cooking Oats.
How to Make Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
Make the Cookies. In a large bowl cream together butter, peanut butter, white sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla with a electric hand mixer until it’s fluffy. Now add in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and continue mixing. Finally, add in oats and stir with a spoon.
Drop teaspoon sized dough onto cookie sheet that’s been sprayed with nonstick spray, or put down silicone baking mats. Bake.
Tip: These won’t look done at 11 minutes, but they will be. We want them chewy, so they will harden up some while cooling down.
Make the Filling. Mix together butter, powdered sugar, peanut butter and milk until creamy. I like to use my electric hand mixer for this too.
Turn Into Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies. Spread frosting on one cookie, and then press down with another, making a cookie sandwich. This recipe will make 12 cookie sandwiches.
I hope you enjoy these Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies!
What Kind of Peanut Butter Is Best For Cookies?
Creamy peanut butter is best for these cookies but if you want to use crunchy you can too. If you decide you like the texture of crunchy peanut butter more, add 1/4 cup additional peanut butter to the batter of the cookies.
Can I Use Old-fashioned Oats For Cookies?
Yes, you can use quick oats for cookies if you want. This will result in more hearty, chewy cookies.
Other Peanut Butter Recipes You’ll Like
Dessert: No Flour Peanut Butter Cookies With 4 Ingredients, Homemade Peanut Butter Oreos, The Best Peanut Butter Blossoms Cookies, Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies, Peanut Butter Protein Cookies, Peanut Butter Christmas Sugar Cookies, Baked Chocolate Donuts with Peanut Butter Frosting
Pin for later:
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Sandwich CookiesPrint
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
For the filling:
- 3 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray cookie sheets with nonstick spray or put down silicone baking mats.
- In a large bowl cream together 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1/3 cup white sugar, 1/3 cup brown sugar, egg and vanilla until fluffy.
- In the same bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and continue mixing. Add oats to bowl and stir with a spoon to combine.
- Drop teaspoon sized dough onto cooking sheet, gently pressing each one down with a fork to flatten. This should make 24 cookies. Bake for 11-12 minutes, or until they are light brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
To make the filling:
- In a medium-sized bowl mix butter, powdered sugar, peanut butter and milk together until smooth.
- Spread filling on half of the cookies, and then gently press down another cookie on top forming a cookie sandwich.