Welcome friends to Cookie Week!
It will be a week full of crumbs, holiday sweetness and maybe a few more treats thrown in. I am giving you the gift of chocolate and sugar, I hope you like it! I think you deserve it, so take a cookie and snack on.
First up this week are one of my favorite cookies, Peanut Butter Blossoms. Who doesn’t love peanut butter and chocolate? I declare this Peanut Butter Blossoms recipe the best because it’s Matthew’s mother’s recipe and they are extra good. Every year we get a big box of cookies sent from Ohio from his mom and we anxiously await for that day. Then we rip it open and eat cookies for the next few hours, it’s great. I asked her for all her recipes of my favorite cookies she makes and a few days later I received all the recipes in the mail. Then I proceeded to make these cookies, a few times.
I love Peanut Butter Blossoms down to every single little crack they create. I love that they are moist but yet they have a little crunch to them. I especially love all the Chocolate Kisses that are plopped on top as soon as they come out of the oven. If you don’t have Kisses on hand, feel free to substitute a few chocolate chips instead, it’s equally delicious.
Tell me how do you like to enjoy your cookies? Do you eat the cookies by themselves? Do you have some milk on the side, or how about tea or coffee?
It’s hard to just stop at one of these cookies, so be sure to grab a couple. Enjoy!
The Best Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 1/2 cup butter - softened
- 1/2 cup creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- sugar to roll cookies in
- 24 chocolate kisses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With mixer cream together butter, peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla until fluffy.
- Mix in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt until all mixed.
- Shape into 1 inch balls, roll in sugar and place on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until slightly browned.
- Once out of the oven immediately press a a chocolate kiss in the middle.
- Let cool and store in airtight container.
Makes 2 dozen cookies.