Easy Peanut Butter Christmas Sugar Cookies recipe! This is a homemade cookie recipe, just like Grandma used to make! These cookies are decorated with sugar sprinkles on top! These are the best cookies for families, cookie exchanges and kids!
Christmas Sugar Cookies Recipe
There’s 48 days until Christmas, but who’s counting? Ok, I am! To get you in the holiday spirit I wanted to share with you one of my favorite holiday cookie recipes, Peanut Butter Christmas Sugar Cookies.
These are everything a sugar cookie should be: soft, chewy, melts in your mouth and delicious. I love soft cookies like my Cream Cheese Christmas Cookies, but I love these even more because they’re made with peanut butter!
To make them fun for the holidays, I added green sugar sprinkles on top of each one. These are perfect for serving your family, giving as a gift and of course Santa loves them! And I mean SANTA really loves them (wink, wink!).
Classic Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
These are classic peanut butter cookies, just like your Grandma would make, and you know Grandma always made the best cookies. This recipe includes 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter creamed together with your other regular ingredients for sugar cookies.
Cream together the peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, sugar, egg and vanilla in a bowl with a electric hand mixer.
Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt to the bowl and continue mixing until all blended together. Form the cookie dough into a ball, cover with plastic or bees’s wrap (I love this stuff) and chill in the refrigerator for 45 minutes.
When your dough is finished chilling, add tablespoon sized balls of dough onto a cookie sheet.
Use a fork to gently press down each cookie. This not only flattens the cookies, but it leaves a nice pattern on top of each cookie.
Now let’s get festive! Sprinkle some holiday sugar sprinkles on top of each cookie.
I then like to take the fork and gently press down in the opposite direction. This not only makes a pretty looking criss cross pattern but it helps make the sprinkles stick to the cookies.
Place the cookies in the oven for 14-15 minutes, or until slightly browned.
Once they come out of the oven, allow to cool and then starting eating the cookies! These make the best holiday cookies, perfect for celebrating with your family!
Teacher Gift Ideas for Christmas
Looking for a gift for your child’s teacher? Or how about that daycare teacher that your child looks forward to seeing every morning? Then look no further. Nothing says “Thank you” more then a mason jar filled with cookies!
I often give out jars filled with cookies to friends and family. All you need to do is fill the jar with cookies and then place a bow on top. Nothing is more special than a home baked gift in my opinion!
I hope you and your entire family enjoy these Peanut Butter Christmas Cookies as much as I do!
Pin for later:
Looking for more cookie recipes? Try my Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Peanut Butter Christmas Sugar CookiesPrint
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tesapoon salt
- green sugar sprinkles for decoration
- In a large bowl cream together peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, sugar, egg and vanilla with a electric hand mixer.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt to bowl and continue mixing on a lower speed until blended.
- Cover dough and chill in the refrigerator for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees.
- Spray cookie sheets with nonstick spray or cover with silicone baking mats. Place tablespoon sized pieces of dough on cookie sheet. Using a fork, gently press down each cookie, creating a criss cross pattern with the fork. Add sugar sprinkles on top of each cookie.
- Bake cookies for 14-15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Linked at Grandma’s House Link Party!