These super easy sugar cookies are soft, light, and they simply melt-in-your-mouth with each bite. These are one of my family’s favorite Christmas cookies!
Pop one of these light and fluffy little guys into your mouth and it will melt away with the most wonderful sweet flavor! These cookies are just like biting into a cloud – so puffy and delicious. These cookies are simply irresistible!
Every year around the holidays, you can find me in the kitchen baking up all of our favorite Christmas cookies. And these easy sugar cookies are at the top of my baking list. A must-make every year.
Just imagine the flavor combination of a classic sugar cookie mixed with a butter cookie. These have the taste of your typical sugar cookie, but with the melt-in-your-mouth affect that a butter cookie has. To me, this is pretty much a match made in cookie heaven.
Sugar Cookie Ingredients:
Nothing too complicated with this recipe! These easy sugar cookies are made with common ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. Here’s the rundown:
- Confectioners’ sugar (powdered sugar) – this type of sugar is what will give the cookies that melt-in-your-mouth texture.
- Butter – a key flavor in these cookies!
- Salt – just a tiny bit helps cookies retain their shape and enhance the flavor.
- Vanilla extract – a must for the best sugar cookie taste!
- Cornstarch – combined with the flour, cornstarch will soften the harsh proteins of the flour to result in a tender, soft cookie.
- Flour – an obvious addition.
How Do You Make Easy Sugar Cookies?
These could not be easier, so let’s get to baking! Start by preheating your oven to 300 degrees F. Lightly spray 2 cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray or use silicone baking mats; set aside.
Now to mix everything up! In a large mixing bowl and using an electric mixer, cream together sugar, butter, salt and vanilla. Add cornstarch and flour and continue to mix until combined.
Once all of the ingredients are fully combined, scoop up tablespoons of dough and form into a round cookie. Place on the cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake for 25 minutes or until slightly light golden brown. Once you remove from the oven, allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes and then enjoy! Warning – you can’t stop at just one!
Tips For Making Easy Sugar Cookies:
- Be sure not to over bake your cookies. These should be soft and fluffy. No crispiness here!
- Sugar cookies stay fresh for quite some time. Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to about 2 weeks.
- Use a cookie dough scoop or measuring spoon to scoop the dough. This will ensure that the cookies are all the same size and they will bake more evenly.
- You can replace the vanilla with other favorite flavor extracts for a fun twist on the classic recipe. Try mint, lemon, almond, maple or orange!
- For a festive touch, try rolling these cookies in green and red sprinkles before baking. Or once cookies have cooled, top them with frosting and sprinkles.
These cookies are so soft and light – they melt in your mouth! Just like how a sugar cookie should! These easy sugar cookies remind me of cloud puffs and I always refer to them as sugar puff cookies.
Enjoy these puffy sugar cookies! I know you will! Just try not to eat the whole batch before Christmas! Ha!
Need more Christmas Cookie recipes? Try my Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies, Christmas Cookies you can bake with kids, Christmas Cut Out Sugar Cookies and Russian Tea Cakes! If you love peanut butter, try my classic peanut butter blossoms recipe too!
Pin for later:
Easy Sugar CookiesPrint
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Lightly spray 2 cookie sheets with nonstick spray.
- In a bowl cream together sugar, butter, salt and vanilla with mixer.
- Add cornstarch and flour and continue to mix until combined.
- Form tablespoons of dough and place on cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until slightly light golden brown.
Leave a Comment