CREAM CHEESE Christmas Sugar Cookies! These easy to make holiday cookies are so soft because they’re made with cream cheese! Dip each cookie into vanilla sugar glaze and top with red and white sprinkles! Recipe makes 48 cookies.
I should have made more of these cookies because after taking some to work and keeping some at home, they were all gone pretty quick! This is a classic sugar cookie recipe, but we’re updating it by adding cream cheese which is going to make the cookies even more soft and delicious.
Cream Cheese Cookies!
Have you ever added cream cheese to your cookies before? If not, your cookie loving brain is going to love it! The cream cheese makes the cookies soft, moist and so good! If you’re looking for new Christmas Cookies recipes to try, you need to give this recipe a shot!Because I love taking cookies to the next step, I mixed some powdered sugar and milk together to make a light vanilla glaze frosting to dip each cookie in. Finally, add holiday colored sprinkles or chopped up candy canes on top of each cookie and they’re ready to go! If you’re sharing these with others, make sure to keep a few for yourself because they won’t last!
This recipe makes 48 Cream Cheese Christmas Sugar Cookies, which I think will last you a few days during the holidays, with a few more to spare for Santa! If you want to be someone’s best friend, make a extra batch for them as a holiday gift. Trust me, everyone will be asking you for this Christmas Cookies Recipe!
This will be my final post for the week, so I want to wish you and your family a happy holiday. I hope you get some time to relax, drink some hot chocolate, listen to the Original Chipmunks Christmas album and eat these Cream Cheese Christmas Sugar Cookies! See you guys next week!
Pin for later:
Follow me for more recipes and stories.
I’d love to get to know you! Let’s be friends!
Christmas Cream Cheese Sugar CookiesPrint
For the Cookies
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup of butter softened
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
For the Frosting
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Sprinkles Decorative Sugar, Crushed Candy Canes
For the cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl cream together the sugar, butter, cream cheese, egg and vanilla. Add salt, flour and baking powder and continue to mix until combined.
- On a nonstick cookie sheet or silicone baking mats, add tablespoons of dough for each cookie. With the back of a spoon gently press down each cookie to slightly flatten.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes.
- Let cool before frosting.
For the frosting
- Mix powdered sugar and milk together in bowl with a spoon.
- Once cookies are cool, dip each one into the glaze. Add additional sprinkles or chopped up candy canes on top.
NOTE: If you are using cookie cutters, you must chill this dough overnight before rolling it out and baking it.
Looking for more cookie recipes? Try my..