These easy to make Christmas Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies are so soft because they’re made with cream cheese! Dip each cookie into vanilla sugar glaze and top with red and white sprinkles! Recipe makes 48 cookies.
Super Soft Cream Cheese Cookies
Have you ever added cream cheese to your cookies before? If not, your cookie loving brain is going to love it! The cream cheese makes the cookies soft, moist and so good! If you’re looking for new Christmas Cookies recipes to try, you need to give this recipe a shot!
Because I love taking cookies to the next step, I mixed some powdered sugar and milk together to make a light vanilla glaze frosting to dip each cookie in. Finally, add holiday colored sprinkles or chopped up candy canes on top of each cookie and they’re ready to go! If you’re sharing these with others, make sure to keep a few for yourself because they won’t last!
How to Make Christmas Sugar Cookies
In a large mixing bowl mix sugar, butter, cream cheese, egg and vanilla together. Once combined, add flour, salt and baking powder.
Roll doll into balls and place on a cookie sheet.
Press down on each cookie gently with the back of a spoon. You want them slightly flattened.
Bake until the bottoms of the cookies are golden brown. Allow to cool before moving on to frosting them.
The frosting is a easy powdered sugar and milk mixture. Mix until frosting consistency forms.
Dip each cookie into the frosting..
And then add your favorite sprinkles on top. Enjoy!
How many cookies does this recipe make?
This recipe makes 48 Cream Cheese Christmas Sugar Cookies, which I think will last you a few days during the holidays, with a few more to spare for Santa!
If you want to be someone’s best friend, make an extra batch for them as a holiday gift. Trust me, everyone will be asking you for this Christmas Cookies Recipe!
Tips to Make Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies
- Want to use cookie cutters? Refrigerate the dough overnight and this will allow you to roll out the dough and use cookie cutters.
- Buy bulk. I always buy sprinkles in bulk during the holidays because it saves me money! Here’s my favorite sprinkles.
- Have leftover cookies? You can freeze these by placing them in freezer bags. When ready to eat, throw in the microwave for a couple seconds. Warning when heating: the sugar glaze will melt slightly.
Other Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Snowball Cookies
- The Best Peanut Butter Blossoms Cookies
- Christmas Sugar Cookie Bites
- Christmas Cut Out Sugar Cookies
- Peanut Butter Christmas Sugar Cookies
- Ricotta Cookies
- Christmas Donut Cookies
- Christmas Shortbread Cookies
- Gingerbread Men and Women Cookies
- Chocolate Pretzel Cookies
- Christmas Cookies to Make With Kids
- Soft Gingerbread Cookies
- Easy Sugar Cookies
- M&M Christmas Cookies
Pin for later:
Christmas Cream Cheese Sugar CookiesPrint
For the Cookies
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter softened
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Frosting
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Sprinkles Decorative Sugar, Crushed Candy Canes
For the cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl cream together the sugar, butter, cream cheese, egg and vanilla. Add flour, baking powder and salt and continue to mix until cookie dough forms.
- On a nonstick cookie sheet or silicone baking mats, add tablespoons of dough for each cookie. With the back of a spoon gently press down each cookie to slightly flatten.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until bottoms are light golden brown. Allow to cool before frosting.
For the frosting
- Mix powdered sugar and milk together in bowl with a spoon.
- Once cookies are cool, dip each one into the glaze. Add additional sprinkles or chopped up candy canes on top.
Leave a Comment