Easy to make fluffy rolls made in the bread machine. These dinner rolls taste like Hawaiian sweet rolls and are delicious with a little butter on top! Made with pantry staples for simple bread making!
Well, I’m all about bread making right now. This week I made a loaf of whole wheat bread, corn bread, sugar cookies (in the bread machine) and now these homemade rolls. Being in the kitchen is definitely helping me escape these stressful times, and what’s better than making fluffy little rolls that I can dab with butter and jam?
My entire family has been gobbling these up and love them so much. Matthew thinks they taste just like store bought Hawaiian sweet rolls (one of his favorites), so I’m going to bet this batch I made yesterday will be gone by night’s end!
Need to get your mind off the news? Then run to the kitchen (don’t trip over your cat!), grab your bread machine and make these fluffy bread machine rolls! Trust me, on first bite, everything is going to be ok!
Here’s all the ingredients that you need for this homemade rolls recipe. This is a very simple “from your pantry” recipe.
- milk (I use whole milk but you can use skim milk too)
- bread flour
- butter (melted)
- active dry yeast
Step by Step Directions
Place all the ingredients into the pan of your bread machine. You want to set it on DOUGH cycle and press START.
Allow the bread machine to do it’s thing and wait until it completely finishes. You should see a fluffy ball of dough when you open it up!
Place dough on a floured surface and lightly deflate the dough, using your fingers to press down.
The recipe makes approximately 16 rolls so you’ll want to divide the dough up into 16. I like to rip the dough into 4, and then dive each piece into 4 again.
Place in 13×9 pan, placing them next to each other.
Now cover with a towel and allow to rise for 1 hour. Please let them rise for the entire hour. It’s important they fully rise and this gets them nice and fluffy! And during this time the blog’s photographer stopped by and took a picture! 🙂
Here they are after 1 hour of rising. I call them little soft snuggle balls of happiness!
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and bake for 16-18 minutes or until the tops are golden brown. Gorgeous!
Allow to cool for a little bit so you don’t burn your mouth, but eat them while they’re still warm! OOOOOH. Delicious!
To Egg Wash or Not to Egg Wash?
That is the question!
Look I’m not a big fan of the egg wash on top of breads and rolls. Call me crazy, but it seems like a wasted egg. I like to just grab some butter and lightly brush it on top. This gives them a buttery taste and a glossy shine, in my opinion, they’re perfect like this!
What Order Should I put Ingredients into the Bread Machine?
First, check out your bread machine manufacturer manual that should list the order of ingredients. If you don’t have the manual you can check out their website. It’s important that you put the ingredients in the correct order as it makes a difference on the way the dough is mixed, kneaded and then affects rising.
For our specific machine the ingredients goes in the order: milk, bread flour, sugar, salt, butter and active dry yeast.
Want to freeze these?
First of all, good luck not eating all these rolls within the first day. They’re that delicious. I plead the fifth in telling you how many rolls I ate! If you actually don’t eat them all and want to freeze them, that’s easy to do!
Bake rolls as usual and allow to cool completely. Wrap up in aluminum foil and then place in a freezer bag. When ready to eat, remove from foil and bag and place in the microwave for a few seconds. They won’t take long to heat back up.
I hope you enjoy these Fluffy Bread Machine Rolls! Please leave a comment if you make them!
Other Delicious Bread Recipes:
- 2 Hour Crockpot Bread
- Homemade Bread Machine Pizza Dough
- Whole Wheat Slow Cooker Bread
- Sourdough Crockpot Bread
- Homemade Slow Cooker Bagels
- Easy Garlic Knots
- Bread Machine Italian Bread
- Pumpkin Dinner Rolls
- Moist Jalapeno Cornbread
- Flaky Biscuits
Pin for later:
Fluffy Bread Machine RollsPrint
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 3 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 (.25 ounce) package of active dry yeast (this equals 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- Place all the ingredients into the pan of your bread machine in the order that your machine manufacturer recommends. Mine recommends them in order that I listed in ingredients. Set on DOUGH cycle and press START.
- When machine is finished remove dough from machine pan and place on floured surface, lightly deflating it with your hands. Divide the dough into 16 equal size pieces and and roll into round balls.
- Spray a 13×9 pan with nonstick spray and place the dough balls onto the pan, placing them directly next to each other. Cover pan with cloth towel and let rise for 60 minutes. During this time the rolls will almost double in size.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake rolls for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown on top. Remove from oven and allow to cool down to touch.
- When serving the rolls, brush a little bit of butter on top of each one to give them a glossy finish.