Easy Garlic Knots recipe made with refrigerated breadsticks dough. These homemade garlic knots taste just like delicious NYC pizzeria garlic knots!
Look, I don’t want to have a fight about this, but I live in NYC and we have the best pizza. There, I said it. What else do our pizzerias have the best of? Garlic Knots!
Oh garlic knots, how I love you! Often I’ll be walking near our favorite neighborhood pizza shop and I’ll get a sniff of them from a block away. Ohh, that delicious smell of baked dough covered in olive oil, garlic and parsley! I can’t help myself, next thing you know I’m in the shop sitting on a bench enjoying a order of garlic knots! (PS. Love garlic? Check out my garlic recipes).
My own local pizzeria inspired me to make my own homemade garlic knots, a side dish (or snack!) that my family can’t get enough of! And to make it even easier, we don’t need to make homemade pizza dough for this, instead we’re using refrigerated breadsticks dough!
How to Make Garlic Knots Recipe
- In a small bowl mix olive oil, fresh garlic (enjoy that smell!), Parmesan cheese, parsley, red pepper and salt. Set this bowl aside for now, we won’t need it again until the knots are out of the oven.
- Remove the breadstick dough from canister and tie into knot shapes. Place knots on greased baking sheet close together.
- Bake in oven for 10-13 minutes (at 375 degrees), or until golden brown. Remove the knots from the oven and place in a big bowl.
- While they’re still hot, pour olive oil mixture on the knots and toss well to completely coat them.
- Now my favorite part – time to eat them! Please eat these while they’re warm! Delicious!
What to dip them in?
- Nothing. Just eat them as is, they’re perfect like that.
- Homemade herb butter smothered on top (like in the pictures).
- Tomato Sauce. This makes them taste just like pizza! My family loves dipping them!
What To Serve Garlic Knots With?
- Spaghetti with homemade tomato sauce.
- 20 minute Rigatoni with Sausage
- Homemade brick oven pizza dough!
- Baked ziti and a fresh kale salad on the side.
- Homemade Italian Pasta Salad
- Budget friendly Parsley Parmesan Pasta
- Dip in Slow Cooker Cauliflower Soup
Tips for Substitutions
Don’t have breadstick dough? You can use refrigerated pizza dough. Just roll it out into a 10×14 inch sheet and then cut into slices, forming the slices into knot shapes.
Don’t want to use olive oil? You can use butter.
Don’t like parsley? Use basil.
Pin for later:
Easy Garlic KnotsPrint
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 11 ounce can refrigerated breadsticks dough
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix olive oil, minced garlic, Parmesan cheese, parsley, red pepper and salt. Set this bowl aside for now.
- Remove the breadstick dough from canister and twist and tie into knots. Place knots on greased baking sheet close together.
- Bake in oven for 10-13 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove the knots from the oven and place in a big bowl. While they’re still hot, pour olive oil mixture on the knots and toss well to completely coat them. Serve warm – enjoy!