20 minute Rigatoni with Sausage recipe, made with Sweet Italian Sausage and peppers. Easy delicious pasta dinner made on the stove top, and has amazing leftovers for the next day!
Easy Rigatoni with Sausage Dinner
If you’re looking for an easy rigatoni pasta recipe made with Sweet Italian Sausage, you’ve found a delicious one. I love pasta meals that take less than 30 minutes, like my Cabbage and Noodles, Broccoli Pasta and Bok Choy and Garlic Over Pasta.
Sweet Italian sausage is cooked with garlic and peppers, and then rigatoni, pasta sauce (pick your favorite!), and Parmesan cheese is added in and dinner is served. Easy and delicious. And oh yeah, the leftovers (if there are any…) are AMAZING!
How to Make Rigatoni Pasta and Sweet Italian Sausage
Cook rigatoni pasta according to box in a large pot of salted water. Drain and set aside.
Brown sausage along with garlic and peppers in a large pan. You can use either green, red or yellow bell peppers, or even a combo of them if you want to add in some color to this dish.
Add in cooked pasta, a jar of pasta sauce and Parmesan cheese. Cook until everything is heated and cheese is melted.
Serve on plates with fresh chopped basil or parsley. Enjoy your rigatoni dinner!
What other vegetables can I add in?
The amazing thing about this recipe is you can easily clean out your refrigerator and add whatever vegetables you want. A few favorites are:
How can I make it spicy rigatoni?
Instead of sweet sausage, use hot Italian Sausage. For an extra kick, add a pinch of red pepper flakes until you get the desired spice you want.
What can I serve with rigatoni?
Other Pasta Dinner Recipes
Pin for later:
Rigatoni with Sweet Italian SausagePrint
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta
- 1 pound ground Sweet Italian Sausage
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large bell pepper (red or green) chopped
- 1 24 oz jar pasta sauce pick your favorite
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- Cook rigatoni according to box in a large pot of salted water. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat cook sausage, garlic and bell pepper until sausage is browned. Drain grease from pan and put back on the burner.
- Add cooked pasta, pasta sauce and Parmesan cheese into skillet with sausage and heat over low-medium heat until the sauce is heated and cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Serve on plates, garnishing with fresh basil on top. Enjoy!
Bonus: check out my Web Story for this recipe!