Easy steps on how to cook sausage in the oven. In just 30 minutes you’ll have delicious oven baked sausage for dinner. This works for all sausage links and patties!
Can you cook sausage in the oven?
Absolutely, it’s my favorite way! I realized a few days ago that most sausages don’t have directions on the packaging to cook in the oven. Oven baked sausage is one of my family’s favorite meals, so I wanted to share how easy they are to make. All you need is a baking sheet, parchment paper and sausage!
Here’s a cooking video I made to show you how easy it is to make so check it out!
How long to cook sausage in oven?
I recommend cooking sausages for 30 minutes in the oven. This allows the sausage to fully safely cook, and brown the outside slightly creating a nice crispy sausage.
Step by Step Directions to Cook Sausage In The Oven
- Grab your sausage for this recipe. 1 pound, 2 pound, 5 pounds, it doesn’t matter. Use whatever your favorite sausage is, for us it’s Sweet Italian Sausage. This also works for breakfast sausage patties or any type of sausage links.
- Take out your baking sheet (these are my favorite) and put parchment paper on it. You can also use silicone baking mats. Both parchment paper and silicone baking mats allow for easy cleanup.
- Add sausage on top of parchment paper, single layer so they don’t touch.
- Cook at 400 degrees, for 30 minutes, turning the sausage halfway through. This will give the sausage those beautiful brown cooking marks on it.
And just like that you have a whole plate of sausages to eat for dinner! Wasn’t that SO easy?
What temperature to cook sausage at?
Cook sausages at 400 degrees, for 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches a internal temperature of 165 F using a meat thermometer.
How to Cook Frozen Sausage
If your sausage is frozen you can still cook them as instructed on the page, but add a additional 15-20 minutes to cook them.
What can I serve with sausage?
Sausages are on our weekly dinner menu because they’re so easy to make. Adding vegetables onto the baking sheet, alongside the sausage is a great family dinner.
Our favorite vegetables to make a sausage sheet pan meal are:
- carrots (here’s how to cook carrots in the oven)
- cherry tomatoes
- brussels sprouts (here’s how to cook brussels sprouts in the oven)
- mushrooms (here’s how to cook mushrooms in the oven)
To make a complete meal, just add the vegetables with the sausage, and cook as recipe suggests (30 minutes). For some vegetables, you might need to add 5 minutes more.
Pin for later:
How to Cook Sausage In The OvenPrint
- Sausage pick your favorite
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Add sausage on top of parchment paper, making sure none of the sausages are touching.
- Bake for 30 minutes, turning sausages halfway through.