Easy steps on how to cook Brussels sprouts in the oven. It only takes 30 minutes to make delicious roasted Brussels sprouts! All you need is Brussels sprouts, olive oil and salt!
How long to cook roasted Brussels sprouts in the oven?
I recommend roasting Brussels sprouts in the oven for 30 minutes, making sure to stir them halfway to prevent sticking and burning. This is perfect time to make crispy, delicious Brussels sprouts.
Step by Step Directions to Cook Brussels Sprouts in the Oven
For this recipe I’m using 2 pounds of Brussels Sprouts. You can easily adjust it for 1 pound, or for more than 2 pounds. The recipe card below has a handy tool to allow you to change serving size that will automatically update the ingredient amounts. 🙂
Wash your Brussels sprouts, and dry them. You can dry them by dabbing them with a towel or I like quickly drying them in my salad spinner. Trim the ends and cut each in half.
Place your Brussels sprouts directly on a baking sheet, or put parchment paper on it first for easy cleanup. Honestly, I think roasted vegetables always taste better cooking directly on the baking sheet so it’s worth the extra cleanup for me.
Add a little bit of olive oil and a pinch of salt, stirring to coat the vegetables completely.
Cook at 400 degrees, for 30 minutes, stirring them half way. This will make sure the Brussels sprouts get those beautiful roasted marks all over them!
And just like that you have delicious roasted Brussels sprouts cooked in the oven!
What temperature to cook Brussels sprouts at?
Cook Brussels sprouts at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Make sure to stir them at the 15-minute mark. If your Brussels sprouts are on the small size you might need to adjust the time by a few minutes so keep an eye on them to prevent burning.
What can I serve with Brussels sprouts?
Here’s some meal suggestions:
- Looking for easy? Serve roasted Brussels sprouts over rice or make brussels sprouts and gnocchi!
- Serve with roasted sausage, you can make this on the same baking sheet. Throw some roasted carrots, roasted mushrooms or roasted broccoli with them too!
- Serve next to Bangers and Mash, the ultimate comfort food.
- Serve with slow cooker chicken or burgers made in the oven.
- Serve alongside homemade Salisbury steak or oven baked salmon.
- Serve as a side dish with Chicken Schnitzel and Mashed Potatoes.
- Want Cheesy Brussels Sprouts? Try my recipe!
Pin for later:
How to Cook Brussels Sprouts in the OvenPrint
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts ends trimmed, cut in half
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place Brussels sprouts directly on a baking sheet or put parchment paper down for easy cleanup. Personally I think they taste better when cooked directly on the baking sheet. Pour olive on top, and a pinch of salt, stirring Brussels sprouts to coat in the oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring Brussels sprouts half way. Remove from oven and serve.
Leave a Comment