Directions on how to cook broccoli in the oven, resulting in crispy roasted broccoli! This easy recipe only takes 15 minutes.
What temperature to roast broccoli at?
400 degrees F is best to roast broccoli at. This cooks broccoli fairly fast without burning it. The result is perfect crispy broccoli!
How long does broccoli take in the oven?
Depending on the size of your broccoli florets, your broccoli will take 15-20 minutes. You’ll want to flip the broccoli halfway through and monitor to prevent burning.
How to Cook Broccoli in the Oven
Cut broccoli up and add directly onto a baking sheet. Yes, you can use parchment paper for easy cleanup, but I find that directly cooking the vegetables on the baking sheet always tastes better. In fact, I have a baking sheet that I love dearly that is pretty much devoted to roasting veggies!
Add olive oil and a pinch of salt and stir to completely coat the broccoli.
Cook for 15 minutes, stirring the broccoli half way. If yours isn’t crispy at 15 minutes, add a couple more minutes. Monitor to prevent burning.
Remove from oven and serve directly on plates or add to bowl for family style serving.
What to serve with Roasted Broccoli?
- I like it simple with basmati rice.
- Go classic with chicken marsala, homemade Salisbury steak, cheesy meatloaf, chicken and noodles or slow cooker pot roast.
- Add broccoli to this Sheet Pan Sausage, Green Beans, Potatoes and Apple Meal or serve with sausage (also cooked in the oven).
- Serve on a Roasted Vegetable Sandwich or with burgers.
Other Roasted Vegetable Recipes
Pin for later:
How to Cook Broccoli in the OvenPrint
- 1 large head of broccoli cut into florets
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place broccoli directly on the baking sheet. Pour olive oil and salt on top, stirring to completely coat the broccoli in the oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes, stirring the broccoli halfway to prevent burning. Remove from oven when the broccoli edges are slightly crispy. Serve and enjoy!