Slow Cooker Pot Roast recipe that will melt in your mouth – it’s so tender. This easy to make crockpot meal made with vegetables is ready in 8 hours. This beef roast is one of my family’s favorite meals, and we love the leftovers!
The Best Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Well that’s what my husband calls this meal because it’s one of his favorites. I love it too because we can just throw it in the crockpot and let sit all day, and when we come back, dinner is ready! Seriously, those meals are the best.
Pot Roast meals are also customizable. Add whatever vegetables you have in your kitchen (or garden). We prefer carrots, potatoes, celery, onion and mushrooms with our pot roast, but you can basically add whatever vegetable you want.
Here’s a quick video I made to show you how easy it is to throw together and make!
How long does it take to make a tender pot roast?
Cook your chuck pot roast in the slow cooker on LOW for 8 hours. This will make a tender roast that will have the meat falling off.
Is it better to cook pot roast on low or high?
In my opinion, the longer it cooks, the more mouth watering it will become, so I always cook my pot roast on low.
Here’s everything you need to make this pot roast, nothing fancy, all simple ingredients!
- beef chuck roast
- condensed cream of mushroom soup
- dry onion beef soup mix
- chopped vegetables: potatoes, carrots, celery, onions, mushrooms
How to Make Crockpot Pot Roast
Before we put it in the crock pot we are going to pan fry it. Please don’t skip this step, it really takes it to the next level in taste! By pan frying it first we are going to lock in all the flavors and yummy juices that we want. Lightly dust it with some flour.
Then put some dried rosemary on top.
Throw it in a pan and cook until all sides are lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
Once your pot roast is all browned (and beautiful might I add) add it into the slow cooker.
Using a spoon, add some of the wet mixture on top of the roast, covering it. Now add in your chopped vegetables surrounding the roast.
For vegetables you’re going to add:
- 3 potatoes – chopped
- 4 carrots – peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery – chopped
- 1 small onion – chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms – sliced or whole (it’s up to you)
Cover and cook.
And after 8 hours your beautiful pot roast will be ready to be served. And bonus, your kitchen is going to smell amazing!
When to add vegetables to slow cooker?
This recipe is the best because we’re cooking the vegetables the entire time in the slow cooker along with the roast. That means you don’t have to open it up half way and add the vegetables. By cooking them for the full 8 hours they’re going to be so soft (but not mushy!) and delicious!
What Should I Serve with Pot Roast?
What to do with leftover pot roast?
Easy. There’s one thing you really should do: make pot roast sandwiches! Heat up the meat, and then shred it. Add on top of buns, followed by a slice of cheese (we prefer provolone, but use your favorite) and then heat until cheese is melted.
Enjoy your dinner!
Other Classic Recipes You’ll Like
Homemade Salisbury Steak
Crockpot Beef Stew
Slow Cooker Pork Chops
Homemade Egg Noodles
Easy Chicken Pot Pie
Homemade Sloppy Joes
Cabbage Roll Casserole
Oven Roasted Whole Chicken with Cabbage
Slow Cooker Spare Ribs
Pin for later:
Slow Cooker Pot RoastPrint
- 3 pound beef chuck roast
- dried rosemary
- 2 10.5 oz cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 package dry onion beef soup mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 potatoes chopped
- 4 carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced or leave whole
- Sprinkle pot roast with flour to lightly cover it, and sprinkle a small amount of dried rosemary on top. Add roast into pan on stove top and cook on medium high heat, flipping the pot roast to brown all sides. This takes about 15 minutes.
- While the roast is browning, add cream of mushroom soup, beef soup mix and water into slow cooker. Stir to combine all ingredients. Add roast into slow cooker. Spoon the wet mixture on top of roast to cover it.
- Add chopped vegetables into slow cooker, surrounding the roast. Cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!