The best creamy mashed potatoes recipe made with cream cheese. Easy to make, no hand mixer required!
This is my go to, make you weak in the knees, mashed potatoes recipe. I started making these a few years ago when I wanted to try a new mashed potatoes recipe for Thanksgiving. It’s hard to switch back after you’ve made these creamy mashed potatoes!
Why These Creamy Mashed Potatoes Are The Best
- They’re made with cream cheese which makes them extra creamy.
- There is no hand mixer involved in these potatoes. What? There is no hand mixer involved in these potatoes. Seriously. How do they get so creamy then? Next point..
- You boil these potatoes for a pretty long time until they’re almost ready to fall apart. This makes a hand mixer not necessary, as just a spoon and a potato masher makes them blended pretty quickly.
- You can make these ahead of time, no problem. For holidays I usually make these the night before so the actual holiday cooking is a little more relaxed. I just throw them in the oven 30 minutes before we’re ready to eat.
More Side Dish Recipes To Try:
Pin for later:
Creamy Mashed PotatoesPrint
- 2.5 pounds potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of sea salt
- fresh or dried parsley to garnish optional
- Peel potatoes and then cut them up into about equal sizes. Bring a pot of water to a boil and add your potatoes. Keep boiling and cook these for 30 minutes. They’re going to be so soft your fork will just slide into them. Drain the potatoes.
- Put your potatoes that you drained back into the pot and put back on the burner, low heat. Mash with a potato masher or spoon until creamy. Add your butter, cream cheese and half-and-half. Mix until creamy. Add in your salt and pepper to taste, mix more.
- Garnish with parsley (optional) and serve.