Easy to make Cheesy Brussels Sprouts that only take 20 minutes on the stove top. Want to turn someone into a brussels sprouts lover? Simple, make these!
Cheesy Brussels Sprouts Recipe
These cheesy Brussels sprouts are delicious! So delicious that if you have someone in your family who isn’t a brussels sprouts fan, try these as a gateway recipe! I think their opinion might change after this!
The Brussels sprouts are boiled to soften, and then covered in a creamy cheese sauce, all ready in 20 minutes. You can serve these as a side dish to anything (our favorites are meatloaf, sausage and rotisserie chicken) or on top of rice as a simple weeknight meal.
Looking for more cheesy vegetables? Try my Cheesy Cauliflower and Cheesy Broccoli too!
How to Make Brussels Sprouts in Cheese Sauce
Cut the ends off the sprouts. This is the most time-consuming part, and my least favorite.
Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook until a fork easily goes into the brussels sprouts, about 10-15 minutes. Drain them.
In a saucepan make the creamy cheese sauce, this is an easy sauce consisting of butter, garlic, flour, salt & pepper, milk and shredded cheese.
Add brussels sprouts into cheese sauce.
Stir until they’re completely cheesy. Serve and enjoy!
Here’s the answers to the most FAQ for this recipe.
- This recipe calls for 2 pounds of Brussels sprouts, but if you only have 1 pound, just cut the recipe in half. Want to make 4 pounds for a Thanksgiving side? Easy, just double the recipe.
- I like shredded orange cheddar cheese for the cream sauce, but if you’re looking for a white sauce, use white cheddar cheese, or mozzarella cheese. Looking for extra creamy? Use Velveeta.
- These will keep in your refrigerator for 2-3 days. Heat up in the microwave or put into a saucepan on the stove.
- You can freeze these! Make per recipe directions, allow to cool and then package in freezer bags. When we have a big brussels sprouts harvest in the garden, I’ll often make a few batches of these for easy weeknight side dishes. When it’s time to eat, defrost overnight in the fridge or in the microwave.
- Want to use another vegetable? Try my Cheesy Broccoli.
Other Brussels Sprouts Meals:
Kielbasa and Brussels Sprouts Skillet
Creamy Rigatoni and Brussels Sprouts
Slow Cooker Kielbasa, Brussels Sprouts and Potatoes
Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Brussels Sprouts and Gnocchi
Pin for later:
Cheesy Brussels SproutsPrint
- 2 pounds Brussels Sprouts ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add brussels sprouts, reduce heat to medium and boil for 10-15 minutes, or until a fork easily goes in them. Drain brussels sprouts.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat melt butter with garlic. Stir in flour, salt and pepper and mix for 1 minute. Add milk in and whisk until smooth. Add shredded cheese and mix, until cheese is completely melted and creamy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add brussels sprouts into cheese sauce saucepan and mix to fully coat them. Serve and enjoy!
Tip: Serve as a side dish or over rice for a simple dinner meal.
Leave a Comment