Easy Surf and Turf for two recipe. Shrimp is marinated for 30 minutes, and then cooked with New York strip steaks on the stove top. This makes a simple special dinner!
Surf and Turf Recipe for Two
This is a simple Surf and Turf recipe for two. This is a perfect meal when you need something special for dinner. My favorite part of the meal is the shrimp – they are delicious! Once you try the marinade, you might never make shrimp another way again!
Here’s a recipe video I made to show you how easy it is to make!
What is Surf and Turf?
Surf and Turf is a dinner meal featuring red meat and seafood. Usually the red meat is a beef steak while the seafood is shrimp, lobster, prawns or scallops.
How to Marinate Shrimp
The star of this meal in my opinion is the shrimp because the lemon butter marinade is so good!
The shrimp marinade is made with olive oil, melted butter, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, seafood seasoning (like Old Bay), minced garlic and pepper.
Add the shrimp (once they’ve been peeled and deveined) and coat them with this delicious sauce. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
How to Cook Surf and Turf on the Stove Top
Add steak to skillet and cook for about 5 minutes per side, they should be nice and brown on both sides. Remove steak and cover with aluminum foil to keep them warm.
Using the same skillet, add shrimp into it.
Cook the shrimp for about 3 minutes on each side. You want them to become a bright pink.
Now serve the shrimp on top of the steak for a delicious Surf and Turf for two meal!
Side Dishes for Steak and Shrimp
I love simple roasted vegetables for this meal, such as Roasted Broccoli, Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Roasted Mushrooms, Roasted Carrots and roasting corn in the oven. You could even add some parsley pesto on top of the dish for extra flavor! A great salad to pair with this special dinner is Strawberry Spinach Salad.
Other Dinner Recipes You’ll Like
Pin for later:
Surf and Turf For TwoPrint
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 12 medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 4 ounce New York Strip steaks
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- Mix 1 tablespoon olive oil, butter, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, parsley, seafood seasoning, garlic, and black pepper together in a bowl. Add shrimp and toss to coat evenly in the marinade. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Coat a large skillet with olive oil and heat over medium high heat. Coat steaks with 2 teaspoons olive oil and steak seasoning on both sides. Add to heated skillet.
- Cook until steaks are browned on each side, and reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. This takes about 5 minutes per side. Transfer steaks to a plate and place loose aluminum foil on top of them to stay warm.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and place in same skillet that you used for the steak. Cook until they are bright pink, about 3 minutes per side.
- Serve shrimp over steak and enjoy your Surf and Turf!