Delicious garlic shrimp pasta casserole made in less than 30 minutes! It’s a one pot skillet meal that the whole family will love!
Cheesy Shrimp Pasta Casserole Recipe
This garlic shrimp casserole is a super easy recipe full of cheesy shrimp and penne pasta cooked in fresh garlic, butter, cheese, and a dash of lemon juice.
It takes less than 30 minutes to make, and it’s all made in the same skillet, so it’s perfect for busy weeknights. It has become one of my favorite dinners – and the leftovers are great for lunch the next day too!
How to Make Shrimp Pasta
Cook the pasta, drain, and set aside.
In a large oven-safe skillet, brown the garlic in butter and olive oil. Add the shrimp and parsley, cooking until shrimp is bright pink, and then remove.
Using the same skillet, add more butter and whisk in the flour. Add chicken broth, milk, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Add parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese and mix until melted into a cheesy cream sauce.
Add 3/4 of the shrimp mixture and cooked pasta into the cheese sauce and mix thoroughly
Place the remaining shrimp on top and sprinkle the remaining mozzarella.
Bake until the cheese melts and lightly browns. Then remove from the oven, serve, and enjoy!
Shrimp Pasta Casserole Baking Tips
- Pasta: Although I think penne works great for this casserole, you could also use rotini or spaghetti.
- Brown the top: If you want a crispy golden brown top, broil it for two to three minutes.
- Make ahead: You can make this dish a few hours before your dinner, or make it the evening before, seal it tightly to keep it fresh, keep it in the fridge and bake it in the oven once more before serving.
- Leftovers: I often eat this leftovers for lunch for the next 2 days! Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge, and then reheat in the microwave.
What to serve with shrimp pasta?
More Shrimp Recipes
Pin for later:
Shrimp Pasta CasserolePrint
- 16 ounce package penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter divided into tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp peeled, deveined, tails removed
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook penne in a large pot of lightly salted water. Cook according to package, drain and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter and olive oil in a large oven safe skillet and melt over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until lightly browned, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add shrimp and parsley and continue cooking, flipping the shrimp until shrimp turns a bright pink, about 4-5 minutes. Remove seasoned shrimp from the skillet, keeping any extra butter and olive oil in the skillet.
- In the same skillet melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Add flour and whisk until smooth. Add in chicken broth and milk, adding a little bit at a time, while continuing to whisk until smooth. Add in lemon juice, salt and pepper and stir.
- Add in parmesan cheese, along with 2 tablespoons of mozzarella cheese and continue to mix until cheese is completely melted and sauce thickens.
- Add 3/4 of the shrimp and cooked pasta into the cheese sauce and mix to fully coat the pasta.
- Place the remaining 1/4 of the shrimp on top, followed by sprinkling the remaining 2 tablespoons of mozzarella on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until cheese melts and lightly browns. Serve and enjoy!