The best baked salmon recipe. Salmon is marinated with olive oil for an hour and then baked in the oven. Great recipe for those cooking salmon for the first time!
Can you bake salmon in the oven?
You sure can! This is hands down the best baked salmon I’ve ever tried. The salmon fillets are flaky, filled with mouth watering flavor and smell so good!
Marinade the salmon fillets for an hour with the simple marinade below, and then bake in the oven for a meal the entire family will like. Seriously, my 2 kids under 5 were like “Is there more Mom?” when they finished their plates! We usually always serve with mashed potatoes, corn and green beans!
What Temperature Should You Bake Salmon?
375 degrees F in the oven for 35-40 minutes makes perfectly moist and flaky salmon.
Salmon Marinade Recipe
Make the salmon marinade by mixing olive oil, garlic, basil, salt & pepper, lemon juice and parsley together in a bowl. This gets poured on top of the salmon fillets.
I think an hour is plenty of time to marinade the salmon, but you can marinade them up to overnight for maximum flavor.
Step by Step Directions to Bake Salmon In the Oven
First make the marinade by mixing all the ingredients into a bowl.
Add salmon directly into the bowl (no need to dirty more dishes) and spoon some of the marinade on top to cover it.
Cover the mixing bowl and refrigerate for at least an hour.
Remove from fridge and rip off a large piece of aluminum foil. Place in a baking dish. Add salmon onto the aluminum foil, followed by the marinade.
Seal the aluminum foil so you can’t see the salmon anymore.
Bake until moist and flaky – yum!!!!!
I hope you love this oven baked salmon as much as we do!
What to Serve with Salmon?
There are so many good side dishes to serve with salmon! Here are some of my favorites:
Roasted carrots, brussels sprouts and mushrooms
Sheet Pan Cauliflower and Chickpeas
Dairy Free Mashed Potatoes (they’ll change your life!)
Crockpot Baked Potatoes
Potatoes Kale Salad
Pasta and Peas or Pea Shoots Pasta or Potatoes and Peas
Cilantro Lime Rice
Pin for later:
How to Cook Salmon In The OvenPrint
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- In a medium-sized bowl mix together olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, parsley, basil, salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Place salmon fillets into the mixing bowl and spoon the marinade on top of them to cover.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place a large piece of aluminum foil down in a baking dish. Add salmon, and then pour the marinade on top of them. Wrap up the aluminum foil so the salmon is completely sealed.
- Bake salmon for 35-40 minutes or until salmon is flaky and moist. Serve and enjoy!
extra: check out my salmon recipe web story!
Leave a Comment