These fall apart Slow Cooker Pork Chops are ready in 5 hours! Covered in an easy gravy made with ketchup, soy sauce, and brown sugar, the chops always turn out moist and tender.
Tender and lean slow cooker pork chops
Pork chops? In the slow cooker?!
Yep, that’s right! It’s easy to make fall apart, lean, moist, and tender Slow Cooker Pork Chops thanks to a simple homemade gravy and a few hours in the crockpot. This simple dish always comes in handy when you need something low maintenance and delicious for dinner.
The best part? These pork chops never turn out dry or bland. Thanks to a simple “gravy” made from ketchup, brown sugar, soy sauce, honey, and garlic, your chops will always be full of moisture and flavor.
If you love these crockpot pork chops as much as I do, then you’ll want to explore these 50 Pork Slow Cooker Recipes as well!
Choosing the best pork chops
For the best results, make sure you pick out some chops that are suitable for the low and slow cooking method. Use these tips to buy the perfect pork chops and prepare them just the way you like:
- Buy thick chops: These low and slow crockpot pork chops require chops that are at least 1 inch thick and marbled with fat. Any thinner and they could dry out!
- Boneless or bone-in: Both work for this recipe. Boneless pork chops tend to cook faster but bone-in will work too! Choose what you like!
- Not healthy enough for you? Feel free to trim a little fat off the chops before cooking to slightly lower the fat content.
How to make pork chops in the slow cooker
This pork chop recipe is cooked low and slow over 5 hours, meaning you can walk away and get on with your day while the slow cooker does all the work! Here’s how it’s done:
Place the pork chops on the bottom of the slow cooker.
Add the ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, and minced garlic to the pot and stir to combine.
Cook the chops on Low for 5 hours.
When the time is almost up, stir the cornstarch and water together in a small bowl. Stir it into the ketchup and soy sauce “gravy” and let it cook for 5 more minutes to thicken.
Serve each chop with your favorite healthy side dishes and enjoy!
Meal prepping pork chops
Prepare for baby or your weekday lunches ahead of time with this slow cooker pork chop recipe. Simply place the pork chops, ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, and garlic into a freezer bag and freeze. Let everything defrost in the fridge overnight and then dump into the slow cooker and cook as normal.
Tips and variations
- For more flavor, season both sides of each chop with a sprinkle of freshly cracked black pepper before cooking. No need to add salt! The soy sauce takes care of that.
- Check on them – Thinner boneless pork chops will cook quickly. Use an instant read thermometer to check if they’re done every 2 hours or so.
- To make this recipe gluten free, replace the soy sauce with gluten free tamari.
Frequently asked questions
Can I use bone-in pork chops?
Both boneless and bone-in pork chops work in this recipe. As long as the chops are 1-inch thick, they should only need about 5 or 6 hours in the slow cooker.
How will I know when my pork chops are done cooking?
Pork chops are safe to eat when their internal temperature reaches 145ºF. Measure the thickest part of the chop with an instant read thermometer when the cooking time is up. Make sure to check each chop, as they can all vary in thickness and size.
What goes well with pork chops?
Serve each chop and some gravy over a bed of rice, mashed potatoes, or polenta. They also go well with more healthy sides, like cheesy broccoli, roasted mushrooms, green beans, corn and buttermilk biscuits.
How do you store pork chops?
Any leftovers can be kept in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Looking for more slow cooker dinner recipes?
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken
- Slow Cooker Sausage and Cabbage
- 4 Hour Slow Cooker Chicken
- Slow Cooker Spare Ribs
Pin for later:
Slow Cooker Pork ChopsPrint
- 6 boneless pork chops 1 inch thick, approximately 2.5 pounds
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Place pork chops on the bottom of the slow cooker. Add ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar, honey and garlic on top and stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Cook on LOW for 5 hours or HIGH for 3 hours.
- Remove pork chops from slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water. Add cornstarch mixture to slow cooker and stir. Add pork chops back in and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve pork chops over mashed potatoes or rice and next to steamed vegetables for a full dinner. Enjoy!