Simple step-by-step instructions on how to make frozen pork chops and gravy in the instant pot. This makes tender and juicy pork chops! Serve with mashed potatoes and vegetables for a classic family meal!
This is the perfect recipe if you’re looking for an easy dinner to make in the Instant Pot because it’s made with FROZEN pork chops! These are the best pork chops with gravy because it cooks with garlic and soy sauce. This will easily become one of your favorite go-to instant pot recipes.
The Best Instant Pot Pork Chops Recipe
The best thing about this delicious frozen pork chops recipe is that it’s full of flavor and easy to make. These seasoned, tender pork chops are covered in a delicious garlic and mushroom gravy.
This savory meal is an easy recipe to make on a busy weekday. The best way to round out this delicious meal is with a side dish or two. Consider pairing it with mashed potatoes or instant pot cheesy potatoes, stuffed mushrooms and your favorite vegetable. Talk about an easy meal! The whole family will love this easy instant pot pork chops recipe!
How to Make Pork Chops in the Instant Pot
Prepare your instant pot and season the frozen pork chops.
Only cook as many pork chops as can fit in a pot at one time. You might need to do this 2 times. Cook on the sauté function until browned on both sides. Remove from instant pot.
Cook garlic and mushrooms briefly in the instant pot then add some of the chicken broth. Stir to mix the brown bits of garlic that might be stuck to the bottom (important step, don’t skip it!).
Add cream of mushroom soup and remaining broth, bringing to a boil. Then add the pork chops back in and lock the lid.
Cook on high for 15 minutes. Release pressure using the natural release method. Then remove pork chops from the pot.
In a small bowl, mix chicken broth and flour. Pour into instant pot and cook until the homemade gravy thickens.
Add in soy sauce and mix in. Then place the pork chops back in and coat them with the mushroom gravy.
Serve with mashed potatoes and your favorite vegetables for a delicious dinner!
Storing: Store leftover pork chops in the refrigerator. If stored properly, your pork chops should remain good for up to three to four days.
Oven: Reheat leftover pork chops for 10 to 15 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cover with foil so they stay moist and juicy.
Microwave: Heat until pork chops and gravy are no longer cold, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Instant Pot Pork Chops FAQs
Is it safe to cook frozen pork in an instant pot?
Yes, you can cook frozen pork chops in an instant pot. After you make this recipe, you’ll see just how easy it is! Let me know how they turn out in the comments below!
How long does it take to cook pork chops from frozen?
If you follow the instant pot instructions in the recipe card below, you shouldn’t have an issue cooking your frozen pork chops. However, if you’re cooking pork chops in the oven, it should take roughly 45 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Why are my instant pot pork chops tough?
Your instant pot pork chops will feel tough if you’ve overcooked them. Be sure to use the instructed settings, follow the exact times listed, and keep an eye on the clock for best results.
What cooking method is best for pork chops?
One of the great things about pork chops is that there are various ways to cook them. You can make them in an instant pot like in this recipe—or you can cook them over the stove, on a grill, or in the oven.
What is the secret to making tender pork chops?
To get the best tender pork chops, use thick pork chops. These will soak up the gravy and juices best, resulting in tender juicy pork chops. Also be careful not to overcook!
More Instant Pot Recipes
How to Make Frozen Pork Chops in the Instant PotPrint
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 boneless thick pork chops fat rimmed off
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Turn Instant Pot on and heat oil on SAUTE setting.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper on both sides and add to Instant Pot. Cook 3-4 pork chops (or as many fit in pot) at a time until browned on both sides, about 7-10 minutes. You might need to do this 2 times for all the pork chops to cook. Remove pork chops and place on plate until needed.
- Add garlic and mushrooms to the Instant Pot and cook until garlic is browned, about 30 seconds. Add 1/2 cup chicken broth and scrape the bottom removing any browned bits of garlic. Cook until mushrooms are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add cream of mushroom soup and 1 1/4 cup chicken broth to the pot. Bring to a light boil and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Add pork chops back into the Instant Pot. Close and lock the lid.
- Cook on HIGH pressure for 15 minutes. Allow 10-15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method. This takes about 15 minutes. Remove pork chops from Instant Pot.
- In a small bowl mix 1/4 cup chicken broth and flour together until no longer lumpy. Add this mixture to the pot. Select SAUTE setting and cook until gravy thickens up, about 5 minutes.
- Add soy sauce into the pot and stir to mix.
- Place pork chops back into the Instant Pot and coat them with the gravy. Serve on plates next to mashed potatoes and vegetables. Enjoy!