Use chicken, cherry tomatoes, green peppers and onion to make delicious shredded chicken tacos in the Instant Pot! So easy, so good!
Cherry Tomato Chicken Tacos
This has been a top 3 recipe of this Summer. Why? It’s delicious! Why else? It uses up so many of our garden vegetables!
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 green peppers
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
These tacos are easy to make with not much prep work, and all cooking is done in the Instant Pot. The result is chicken meat filled with so much flavor, with a touch of sweetness due to the cherry tomatoes. The tomatoes break up in the Instant Pot to make a natural tomato sauce that the chicken soaks up. It’s soooooooo good!
Also, these are a hit for the entire family. Not only do Matthew and I love them, but our 4 year old and 1 year old gobble them up too!
How to Make Tacos in Instant Pot
Using the Instant Pot on Sauté Mode, cook the onion, garlic and green peppers. During this time, the green peppers will go from a bright green to a pale green.
Add cherry tomatoes and continue cooking until cherry tomatoes become squishy.
Add chicken, water, taco seasoning and spices to Instant Pot.
Cook on Pressure Cook for 30 minutes. Once pressure is released, remove the lid, and enjoy the amazing smell! 🙂 Shred the chicken up with a fork and serve with tortillas, shredded cheese and fresh tomato salsa!
TIP: If you’re serving a large batch for a get together, turn your Instant Pot to warm to prevent the meat from becoming cold. This is a perfect way for everyone to make their own tacos!
How to Freeze Taco Meat
I often make a double (or triple) batch of this recipe to freeze for easy weeknight meals.
To freeze, allow the meat to cool and then place in freezer bags, label and freeze. When you’re ready to serve, defrost overnight in the fridge or directly in the microwave, and then add to a pan over medium high heat, cooking until throughout heated. If your meat seems a little dry, add 1-2 tablespoons of water to it in the pan.
More Cherry Tomato Recipes
Need more cherry tomato recipe ideas? Here’s some of my favorites:
Slow Cooker Cherry Tomato Sauce
Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce
Kale Salad With Cherry Tomatoes
Tri Color Italian Pasta Salad
Tomato Macaroni and Cheese
Chicken and Cherry Tomato Toss Stir-Fry
Pin for later:
Instant Pot Cherry Tomato Chicken TacosPrint
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 large green peppers sliced
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts cut up into tenders
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In sauté mode on the Instant Pot, add olive oil, onion and garlic and cook until onion is soft and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add green peppers and cook for 3 more minutes. The green peppers should turn from a bright green to a light green.
- Add cherry tomatoes to the pot and sauté until the tomatoes start to pop out of their skins and become squishy, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, water, taco seasoning, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Secure the lid, select Pressure Cook and set the timer for 30 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, you can either perform a quick pressure release or you can let the pressure release naturally.
- Remove lid and shred chicken up with a fork. If there is still liquid remaining, simmer until liquid is reduced or serve as is with a slotted spoon.
- Serve on tortillas or hard shells with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Check out my Instant Pot Cherry Tomato Chicken Tacos Web Story!