Easy homemade dumplings recipe that never fails and tastes like Grandma made them. These dumplings made from scratch only require 5 simple ingredients. Best served in chicken broth with vegetables for a classic dinner!
Few things are more classic than homemade dumplings. This is a family favorite recipe that’s the definition of comfort food. These fluffy dumplings are perfect served in broth when you’re craving a warm bowl of soup, with chopped up vegetables and a sprinkle or parsley on top!
What are dumplings made of?
You only need 5 simple ingredients that I guarantee that you already have in your kitchen.
- baking powder
How do you make homemade dumplings from scratch?
This is a easy recipe, so easy in fact that if you never made homemade dumplings you’ll be shocked by how simple it is to make.
Add all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix to combine.
Using your hands, form into dumpling ball shapes. The dough will be sticky, so don’t worry if you’re not forming perfect dumplings. You can also use a spoon to scoop up the dumpling dough, but I prefer to use my hands.
Add to boiling soup or stew and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until dumplings no longer fall apart.
What do you eat dumplings with?
- The most popular way to eat dumplings is in a broth based soup, with chopped up vegetables, like carrots and celery. Add chopped up fresh parsley or chives on top!
- You can serve these on a plate covered by a thick gravy, like a chicken or beef gravy.
I hope you love these delicious Homemade Dumplings!
Pin for later:
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Add all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Using your hands or a spoon, scoop into dumplings, about the size of a overflowing tablespoon. The dough will be sticky, but I still like to use my hands to make them.
- Carefully drop dumplings into boiling soup or stew and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until dumplings no longer fall apart.