This Broccoli Spaghetti Pasta recipe is great because it’s easy, full of flavor and healthy with vegetables!
Did you guys like yesterday’s post full of beautiful heads of broccoli fresh from our rooftop? Then I guess you wouldn’t be surprised to see a broccoli recipe posted today!
Broccoli Spaghetti Recipe
This Broccoli Spaghetti Pasta hits all the right spots for dinner. It’s quick. It’s easy. It’s fresh. It’s full of flavor. Not only is there broccoli in here but we also add in our favorite sugar snap peas. The peas aren’t cooked so they supply a nice crunch which screams Summer! The broccoli is simmered in chicken broth and then it’s added to the pasta to just coat everything in flavor.
Italian Broccoli Pasta meal!
This is a great base recipe as you can easily replace the broccoli with cauliflower, or the sugar snap peas with fresh carrots. Use your imagination!
Enjoy this Broccoli Spaghetti Pasta!
Pin for later:
Broccoli Spaghetti PastaPrint
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 12 oz box of spaghetti
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar snap peas - cut into halves
- Heat olive oil with butter in a skillet on medium heat.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour chicken broth into skillet and bring to a simmer.
- Add broccoli florets and cook until they are bright green, about 3 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook spaghetti as instructed on the box. Drain. Put spaghetti back into pot.
- Pour broccoli mixture over pasta and stir.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese into pasta.
- Cover pot with lid and let stand for 3 minutes. This will give the pasta time to absorb any excess liquid.
- Put sugar snap peas in and stir.
- Serve and enjoy!