This easy one-pot recipe for Creamy Chicken and Noodles combines simple ingredients and comforting flavors. Pair the creamy egg noodles, shredded chicken, and sweet corn with dinner or enjoy it as a warming main dish. Easy to cook on the stove or in a crockpot!
Creamy chicken and noodles casserole
When we’re low on time and craving comfort food, this noodle dish is always a hit! One of the reasons why Creamy Chicken and Noodles is always a success is because it’s a hybrid-type meal. Half casserole and half soup, each bite is super creamy and thick but is best eaten with a fork!
My creamy chicken and egg noodles recipe is made with a handful of easy ingredients, like condensed creamy soup, pre-cooked chicken, chicken broth, herbs, and frozen corn. It’s a simple one-pot recipe that doesn’t sacrifice flavor! There’s a comforting chicken noodle soup flavor, sweetness from the corn, and earthy vegetable undertones coming from the creamy cans of soup.
It’s flexible too! Make this “clean out your fridge” meal when you have leftover veggies, leafy greens, holiday turkey, or shredded chicken to use up. Throw the extras in the mix and prepare your chicken and noodles on the stove or in a slow cooker. Soak up the creamy sauce with moist buttermilk cornbread or flaky KFC biscuits on the side and enjoy!
How to make one-pot chicken and noodles
This recipe really couldn’t be easier. All you need to do is cook some pasta, make the creamy chicken sauce, and then bring it all together! Here’s how it’s done:
Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the bag and set aside.
In a large pot, mix the soup, broth, chicken, and corn together. Bring the mixture up to a boil before lowering the heat slightly and letting it simmer for about 25 minutes.
Stir in the cooked pasta noodles and simmer for a few minutes before serving.
Crockpot creamy chicken noodles
Cooking creamy chicken and noodles in a slow cooker is a great solution when you want to set it and forget it or use fresh chicken. Here’s how it’s done:
- To make the recipe as is, simply heat the soups, broth, chicken, and corn in a crockpot on Low for 5 to 6 hours or on High for 3 to 4 hours. Stir in the cooked pasta in the last 15 minutes of cooking and serve hot.
- To make it with fresh chicken breasts, add 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts to the bowl of a crockpot. Pour the soups, broth, and corn over top and cook on Low for 5 to 6 hours or on High for 3 to 4 hours. Afterward, remove the chicken and shred it with two forks. Stir it back into the mixture along with the noodles, heat for 15 to 30 minutes, then serve!
What else can I add in?
This dinner is a great “clean out the fridge” meal because you can literally add anything you have on hand. Try these easy mix-in ideas:
- Stir in a can of your favorite beans or chickpeas
- Homemade sundried tomatoes
- Fresh herbs
- Oven baked mushrooms
- Shredded cheese (on top or mixed in)
- Candied jalapenos
- Slow cooker meatballs
What do you eat with chicken and noodles?
Anything! Chicken and noodles are creamy and comforting when served as a main or side dish. Pair them with all of your favorites!
If you’re serving this as a main dish, make some kale salad with cherry tomatoes and buttered jalapeno biscuits to enjoy alongside. This is a hearty and comforting dish on its own but it still pairs well with more filling sides like oven-roasted broccoli or potato kale stuffing.
Storing, freezing, and reheating
To store: Keep the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 4 to 5 days.
To freeze: Chicken and noodles freeze well in an airtight container or freezer-safe bag for up to 3 months. Let them thaw in the fridge overnight before reheating and serving.
To reheat: Add the leftovers to a saucepan over medium-low heat and stir until warmed through. To heat them faster, reheat the leftovers for a few minutes in the microwave!
More comforting chicken dinners
Pin for later:
Creamy Chicken and NoodlesPrint
- 12 oz package egg noodles
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts cooked and chopped into small bite size pieces
- 2 10.5 oz cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 12 oz bag frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch pepper
- Cook egg noodles as instructed on package, drain and set aside.
- In a large pot over medium high heat, mix chicken, cream of chicken soup, chicken broth and frozen corn. Add onion powder, parsley, salt, garlic powder and pepper to pot and mix.
- Bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add in the cooked noodles, stir and simmer for 5 more minutes. Serve and enjoy!