Easy step-by-step instructions on how cook burgers in the oven. These juicy burgers are covered in cheese and baked in foil to make them ooey gooey good! It’s the best way to enjoy burgers without a grill or stovetop.
Juicy baked hamburgers
Don’t get me wrong, grilled burgers are amazing! But without a backyard, we don’t grill very often in the city. But don’t worry, when you’re craving a big, juicy burger, you can forget all about the grill or skillet. Learn How to Cook Burgers in the Oven instead!
This hassle-free recipe will teach you how to bake up to 4 burgers at a time so you can focus on preparing tasty toppings and sides instead. Want to make than 4 burgers? You can easily double or triple this recipe too!
I love baking burgers in the oven because there’s no babysitting. They never dry out either! Juicy oven baked burgers never disappoint and are perfect for an easy family dinner.
How to make burgers in the oven
This is a quick, easy, and hassle-free recipe. There’s one step in the process that ensures the baked burgers always turn out juicy and delicious:
Mix the ground beef, salt, pepper, and garlic powder together in a bowl.
Use your (clean) hands to shape the beef mixture into 4 patties.
Place the burgers in a baking dish and bake.
Take the burgers out of the oven and place a slice of cheese on top of each patty. Bake again until the cheese melts.
Optional but delicious: When the cheeseburgers are ready, place each one in a hamburger bun. Wrap each burger (with the bun) entirely in foil and bake for another 4 minutes. It’s the best way to toast the bun while getting everything super cheesy!
Serve the burgers with all of the toppings you like and enjoy!
Burger topping ideas
Lay out your toppings on individual plates so everyone can choose their favorites. These ideas always taste great on a juicy hamburger:
- Fresh lettuce
- American or Cheddar cheese
- Tomato slices and red onions
- Caramelized onions
- Roasted mushrooms
- Pickle slices
- Candied jalapenos
- Ketchup, mustard, hot sauce, BBQ sauce, or mayonnaise
This meal calls for delicious side dishes that can be prepared while the burgers bake in the oven. French fries or sweet potato fries are always a great choice, or you can take it up a notch with this french fry casserole. Alternatively, a simple green salad, mashed potatoes, and roasted vegetables will make the meal complete!
Frequently asked questions
- How long do you cook burgers in the oven? The burgers will bake for 25-30 minutes or until their internal temperature reached 160ºF. If you are making bigger burgers and using more than a pound of ground beef, you will need to add a few more minutes. They’ll need a little more time if you like melted cheese on top.
- What temperature do you cook burgers in the oven? The best temperature for baked burgers is 375ºF or 190ºC.
- Do you have to flip burgers in the oven? It isn’t necessary for this recipe but if you’re worried about cooking the burgers evenly, go ahead and flip them once halfway through the cooking time.
- Can you bake burgers ahead of time? You can save time by baking the burgers about an hour before dinnertime. Wrap the burgers on the hamburger buns in foil and keep them in the oven on low heat until it’s time to serve.
More easy dinners you can make in the oven
- Baked Black Bean Tacos
- Rotisserie Chicken
- General Tso’s Cauliflower
- Green Pepper Bake
- Whole Chicken & Cabbage
Pin for later:
How to Cook Burgers in the OvenPrint
What You Need:
- 4 pieces aluminum foil
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 slices American cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9×9 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a bowl mix ground beef, salt, pepper and garlic powder up to fully combine.
- Shape the mixture into 4 patties and then place them in the baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until their internal temperature reaches 160ºF. Remove from oven and place a slice of cheese on top of each one. Bake for 3 more minutes.
- OPTIONAL BUT REALLY DELICIOUS: Remove from oven and place each burger on a hamburger bun. Wrap each burger individually (with bun) in aluminum foil, place back in baking dish and bake for 4 minutes. This is going to get the bun toasty and really delicious.
- Remove from oven, add desired toppings and enjoy!