Easy steps on how to cook bacon in the oven. In just 15 minutes you’ll have crispy bacon ready to eat! The secret is starting with a cold oven!
Can you cook bacon in the oven?
Yes, you cook bacon in the oven and it’s so easy to do! This method is unique because you start with a cold oven, instead of a preheated oven. By doing this, the result is going to be crispy bacon without much cleanup.
Instead of doing the usual bake, flip, bake like most recipes call for – why not try this easier more delicious way to make bacon?
How long to cook bacon in the oven?
Bacon will take 14 to 16 minutes in the oven depening on how thick it is. Check the bacon at 14 minutes and then cook according to how crispy you want it.
Step by Step Directions to Cook Bacon In The Oven
Grab your bacon. You can cook as many slices as you want, as long as it fits on the baking sheet. Just make sure it’s not frozen.
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. This will allow for easy cleanup.
Place bacon on the aluminum foil, next to each other. It’s ok if they are very close to each other as they will get a little smaller as they bake.
Place in the COLD oven. That’s right. Don’t turn the oven on yet!
Close the door to the oven and then heat to 425 degrees F. Bake for around 15 minutes, or until crispy. Depending on the thickness of the bacon, you might need to adjust the time a little bit.
Remove from oven and serve as usual.
Cleanup tip: Allow the grease to cool on the aluminum foil and then simply roll the foil up and throw away. High fives for easy cleanup!
What temperature to cook bacon at?
Cook bacon at 425 degrees F for crispy baked bacon.
How to Cook Frozen Bacon
I recommend that you defrost the bacon before you cook it in the oven. Simply thaw it in the microwave and then follow the recipe and bacon.
How to Serve Bacon
- On Oven Baked Cheeseburgers
- Scrambled Eggs With Bacon
- On top of Tater Tot Casserole
- Next to Blueberry Pancakes
- Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich
- Crumbled on top of Crockpot Baked Potatoes or Broccoli Mac and Cheese
Pin for later:
How to Cook Bacon In The OvenPrint
- Bacon pick your favorite
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place bacon on a baking sheet, next to each other.
- Place bacon in the COLD OVEN. Close oven, and then turn on to 425 degrees F.
- Bake for 14-18 minutes, depending on how thick your bacon is.
- Remove from the oven, dab with a paper towel to remove extra grease and serve.
- For easy cleanup: once grease cools on the baking sheet, simply roll up the foil and throw it away.