These Cheesy Jalapeno Sausage Dogs are quickly becoming a Summertime favorite here! We had them a few nights ago and we’re still discussing how good they were. In fact, I’m planning to grill up a few more for dinner tonight!
Who doesn’t love a grilled sausage, covered in cheese? Throw on some Mexican taste of salsa verde, jalapenos and onions and you got a Sausage Dog bursting full of flavor!
I love that these sausages are turkey too. Turkey has becoming more popular over the years, but can you blame it? It’s a great alternative to other proteins that is great for grilling. It comes in all your BBQ favorites too – brats, burgers, tenderloins and more. Did you know that turkey has more protein than beef? Did you know it has fewer calories than chicken? Did you know it has less fat than pork? I know, awesome!
So next time you’re craving a flavorful BBQ favorite, grab a Cheesy Jalapeno Sausage Dog!
Cheesy Jalapeno Sausage Dogs
- 6 Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage Links
- 6 sub rolls
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 jalapenos - seeded and sliced
- 3/4 cup onion - chopped
- salsa verde to pour on
To cook Sausage
- For skillet: Preheat a non-stick or lightly sprayed skillet over medium heat. Add sausage links, cook while turning frequently, until browned. Cook through until they have a internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- For grill: Preheat lightly oiled grill. Grill sausage links, turning occasionally, until browned. Cook through until they have a internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Put sausage links on sub rolls.
- Add shredded cheese on top.
- Pour salsa verde on top of the cheese to cover.
- Spread chopped jalapeno and onions on top.
- Serve and enjoy.