Slow Cooker Sausage and Cabbage is a easy crock pot recipe ready in 6 hours! Add Sweet Italian Sausage links and vegetables (potatoes, cabbage, carrots and onion!) into your slow cooker for a delicious comfort meal!
Slow Cooker Sausage and Cabbage
I love this crock pot recipe because of how easy it is to make. There’s minimal prep time, besides chopping up vegetables, and then you’re ready to go. Just throw everything into your crockpot, set the timer for 6 hours and get ready for your kitchen to smell amazing!
You guys have been telling me that I need to share more of my slow cooker recipes, since you’ve enjoyed my Cabbage and Kielbasa and Cabbage Roll Casserole. So here I am – now it’s time to share Slow Cooker Sausage and Cabbage!
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Sausage
You might already have everything in your kitchen which is going to make this meal even easier! Here’s what you need:
- cabbage, chopped
- potatoes, chopped
- carrots, chopped
- onion, chopped
- minced garlic
- Sweet Italian Sausage
- chicken broth
- salt, pepper, and brown sugar
How to Make this Easy Cabbage Recipe
Add chopped cabbage to the bottom of the slow cooker.
Add in potatoes, carrots, onions and minced garlic. Peeling the potatoes is completely optional and up to you!
Add in the Sweet Italian Sausage. I buy links and chop them up into 2 inch pieces.
Finally add in chicken broth, salt, pepper and brown sugar. Don’t skip the brown sugar, it balances out the cabbage taste nicely.
Now close the lid and cook on LOW. You don’t need to do anything else! 6 hours later…. YUM YUM YUM! Dinner is served!
How to Serve Sausage and Cabbage
You can serve this as is, as now you have a full meal of meat and vegetables! But you can also serve it on top of egg noodles (our usual preference) or rice, and with cornbread on the side.
This is the perfect meal for busy Fall weeknights when school is going on and you have a million other things to take care of. I love knowing there’s a complete meal waiting for us in the kitchen!
I hope you enjoy this easy crockpot recipe soon!
More Sausage Recipes
Pin for later:
Slow Cooker Sausage and CabbagePrint
- 1 medium sized head of cabbage core removed and chopped
- 3 medium potatoes peeled and chopped
- 3 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 pounds Sweet Italian Sausage cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Add ingredients to the slow cooker in this order: cabbage, potatoes, carrots, onion, minced garlic and Sweet Italian Sausage.
- Pour chicken broth on top of all the ingredients. Sprinkle salt, pepper and brown sugar on top.
- Close lid and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- Serve and enjoy! You can serve as is or on top of egg noodles or rice.