Easy to make Cinnamon Swirl Bread recipe made in the bread machine or stand mixer. This homemade bread is soft with swirls of gooey cinnamon sugar mixed in.
Homemade Cinnamon Swirl Bread Recipe
This homemade bread is super easy to make because the dough is made in the bread machine. If you’re asking yourself “Do I need a bread machine?” – the answer is yes! We use our bread machine on a weekly basis making meatloaf, dinner rolls and Ciabatta bread!
If you don’t have a bread machine, you can use the recipe below and make the dough by hand or in your stand mixer. Once the recipe hits step 2 (rising), just continue as usual. Enjoy!
How to Make Cinnamon Bread in the Bread Machine
In your bread machine or stand mixer add milk, egg, flour, sugar salt, butter and yeast. If using a bread machine set the setting to DOUGH and start.
Remove dough and punch down on a floured surface. Let the dough rise for about 20 minutes.
Roll the dough out into a 9×13 rectangle using a rolling pin. Brush butter on top.
Sprinkle brown sugar, walnuts and cinnamon mixture on top. Then I like to add some powdered sugar for additional yum!
Roll the dough up. Pinch the ends to make sure it stays closed.
Grab a 9×5 bread pan and spray with nonsick spray. Place dough inside and cover with a towel, allowing it to rise for about an hour, or until it doubles in size.
Bake bread for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, serve warm and enjoy!
How to eat Cinnamon Swirl Bread?
You can eat the bread as is, but I love it warm with a little bit of butter on top. You can also toast the bread and spread a thin layer of cream cheese on the slices. If you have homemade jam (check out my raspberry jam and blueberry jam), you can even add a little bit of that on top!
Can I let the dough rise overnight?
You sure can, and this really makes it delicious! Instead of letting the dough rise in a warm place, cover and place in the refrigerator to rise overnight. Once you’re ready to bake in the morning, let it sit out on the counter until it reaches room temperature, and then continue starting with Step 3.
Other Bread Making Tips
- My favorite yeast is Bob’s Red Mill, I always buy it in bulk. It was especially hard to find the past few months so I’m glad I had a big bag in my fridge.
- I always use whole milk for baking bread. If you want to use a plant based milk, you can.
- If you don’t have walnuts, you can use raisins or chopped pecans instead.
- You can easily double this recipe and make 2 loafs of bread. Use the recipe card below and simply double the serving size to give you the correct amount of doubled ingredients.
- Cinnamon Bread freezes great. I wrap the loaf in plastic wrap, and then aluminum foil and then put in a freezer bag. It’s a little extreme, but it makes sure the bread tastes best! When ready to eat it, place in the refrigerator overnight or leave at room temperature until it’s defrosted.
Other Homemade Bread Recipes You’ll Like
Pin for later:
Bread Machine Cinnamon Swirl BreadPrint
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 ¾ cup bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter softened
- ¾ teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon confectioners powdered sugar
- Add milk, egg, flour, sugar, salt, 1 tablespoon butter and dry yeast into a bread machine pan in that exact order. Select DOUGH setting and start the machine.
- When dough is finished, remove from pan and punch down on floured surface. Let the dough sit for 20 minutes, during this time it will rise.
- Roll the dough out into about a 9×13 rectangle. Brush 1 tablespoon of butter on top of the dough.
- In a small bowl mix brown sugar, walnuts and cinnamon together. Sprinkle brown sugar mixture on top of dough. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top.
- Roll dough, staring at the short size. Once rolled, pinch dough to “close” it.
- Spray a 9×5 bread pan with nonstick spray and place bread inside of it (seams down). Cover with towel and place someplace warm, allowing it to rise for 30 minutes – 1 hour, or until it doubles in size
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place bread into the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Check the bread at the 20 minute mark and if you notice it’s browning too quickly cover with aluminum foil.
- Remove bread from the oven and allow to cool before serving. Optional: Sprinkle additional powdered sugar or homemade icing on top.