Christmas Sugar Cookie Bites that taste like classic Christmas sugar cookies with sprinkles, but instead they’re small shortbread bites! So easy to bake for Christmas!
Christmas Sugar Cookie Bites
Sugar Cookie Bites are one of my favorite Christmas Cookies to make because of their bite size. Each sugar cookie is about an inch in length, decorated with holiday sprinkles to make the cutest little sugar cookies! This is a fun family recipe that really gets the kids involved with helping with the dough and rolling around in the sprinkles.
We always make a couple batches of these, some for our cookie tin, some for Santa (Santa loves them!) and others for giving away. Throw the cookies into a mason jar, add a bow on top and you have such a sweet holiday gift for family and teachers!
How to make the Sugar Cookie Dough
Using a hand mixer cream together butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until fluffy.
Add flour and salt and continue mixing until a sugar cookie dough forms.
Form the dough into 6 equal sized balls.
How to Cut into Cookie Bites
Roll each ball, one at a time, out into a long rope, about the width of your index finger. I do this just by gently rolling with my hands.
Tip: You can sprinkle out a little bit of flour to roll out the dough, but don’t use too much! I find that the more flour that gets on the dough, the harder it is for the sprinkles to stick.
Use a sharp knife and cut the dough into 1 inch bites.
Roll each bite in nonpareil sprinkles. You can have fun here using different colors. I also love making rainbow sprinkle sugar cookie bites!
Bake until cookies are golden brown on the bottom, about 10 minutes. Check at the 8 minute mark and if they’re not ready, try 10 minutes. I recommend baking these cookies directly on the baking sheet.
Allow to cool and then I dare you to not eat 10 cookie bites right away!
How to Store Cookies
Stores cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. If you want to keep them for longer, you can store them in the refrigerator. If you make way too many, you can freeze the cookies in freezer bags for 3-4 months.
More Classic Christmas Cookie Recipes
Pin for later:
Christmas Sugar Cookie BitesPrint
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Red, Green and White nonpareil sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. You will need 2 baking sheets, but do not line them with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a large mixing bowl add softened butter and sugar, mixing with a hand mixer until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla and continue to mix until fluffy.
- Add flour and salt into a large bowl and mix again until cookie dough forms.
- Separate the cookie dough into 6 balls. On a lightly floured surface, roll each dough ball out into a long rope, about the width of your index finger.
- Cut dough into 1/2 inch pieces, and gently roll in a shallow bowl of sprinkles.
- Place cookies on baking sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown on bottom. Remove from oven and allow to cool. The cookies will feel a little soft when they come out of the oven but will harden up as they cool down.