Funfetti Sprinkle Sugar Cookie Bites that taste like classic butter shortbread cookies! Perfect for whenever you want a small sweet treat!
Why You’ll Love Funfetti Sprinkle Sugar Cookie Bites
Soft, chewy, and sweet, these cookies are like mini birthday cakes. Funfetti Sprinkle Sugar Cookie Bites are perfect for any celebration! These colorful cute cookies are easy to make and an easy way to add a little color to your day! These mini cookies are delicious and easy to pop in your mouth, so be careful! You might eat the entire batch before realizing what you’re doing!
Not only will they add a pop of color to your dessert table, but they only take 8-10 minutes of baking time. The best part about these sugar sprinkle cookies is that they are easily customizable! You can swap out the colors of your sprinkles depending on the occasion or event, making it a great recipe you can come back to time and time again.
- All-purpose flour
- Rainbow Sprinkles (or whatever color you want to use!)
How to Make Sprinkle Sugar Cookie Bites
You will need two baking sheets, but do not line them with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
In a large mixing bowl, add softened butter and sugar. Mix with a hand mixer on medium-high speed until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla and continue to mix until fluffy.
Add flour and salt into a large bowl, and mix until cookie dough forms.
Separate the cookie dough into six balls.
Roll each ball of dough out into a long rope, about the width of your index finger.
Cut dough into 1 inch pieces, and gently roll each cookie dough ball in a small bowl of rainbow sprinkles.
Place cookies on baking sheets and bake until golden brown on the bottom.
Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack. The cookies will feel soft when they come out but will harden up as they cool down. Don’t worry! You’ll still be left with chewy cookies.
Should I Add Sprinkles Before or After Baking?
Make sure to add your sprinkles beforehand! You want them to stick to the cookies! If you add your sprinkles after the cookies are finished baking, the sprinkles won’t stick, and you’ll be left with a mess and plain sugar cookies.
How to Store Funfetti Cookies
Lucky you! You have some mini sugar cookies to spare! You can store leftover cookies in an airtight container on your counter for up to 5 days! Though I highly doubt they will last that long!
How to Turn Them Into Christmas Cookies
These cookies can easily be transformed into the perfect Christmas sugar cookie bites for the holidays. Simply swap out the type of sprinkles for red and green nonpareils or your favorite holiday sprinkles!
I hope you love these sugar cookie bites as much as we do (because we really, really, really love them!).
Pin for later:
Funfetti Sprinkle Sugar Cookie BitesPrint
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. You will need 2 baking sheets, but do not line them with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a large mixing bowl add softened butter and sugar, mixing with a hand mixer until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla and continue to mix until fluffy.
- Add flour and salt into a large bowl and mix again until cookie dough forms.
- Separate the cookie dough into 6 balls. On a floured surface, roll each dough ball out into a long rope, about the width of your index finger. Cut dough into 1 inch pieces, and gently roll in a shallow bowl of rainbow sprinkles. Place cookies on baking sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown on bottom. Remove from oven and allow to cool.