Easy to make, 1 dozen Apple Pie Cookies recipe. These chunky chewy cookies are perfect for dessert and breakfast. Also includes instructions on how to use for homemade ice cream sandwiches!
These cookies have been a highlight in baking for me this year. The recipe makes a high quality cookie that’s chewy and chunky, delicious with every bite. The apple taste isn’t overwhelming but it’s subtly there with tiny chunks of apple. These are perfect for Fall baking, but honestly we love them so much they’ve become a regular for me to make year round.
Please give these Apple Pie Cookies a try, I think you’ll love them too!
If you’re a regular baker then I can guarantee you have all the ingredients already in your kitchen. There’s nothing fancy you need for these delicious cookies!
- brown sugar
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- 1 apple
- chocolate chips
How to Make
Mix brown sugar, butter, egg and vanilla with electric hand mixer until combined.
Add in flour, nutmeg, salt and baking soda. Keep mixing.
Add apple and chocolate chips. Use a spoon to stir these so they’re evenly mixed.
These make some chunky cookies so we’re going to scoop 2 tablespoons of cookie dough onto a baking sheet for each cookie. Make sure your baking sheet is sprayed with nonstick spray, or use silicone baking mats (my preference).
Bake for 12-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool before eating them.
Want to Make Apple Ice Cream Sandwiches?
Want to go beyond cookies and make Apple Pie Ice Cream Sandwiches? Yeah, now we’re talking! These cookies make amazing ice cream sandwiches!
Freeze them. Once cookies are cool, transfer them to the freezer for 30 minutes. Don’t skip this step or your cookies are going to crumble!
Add ice cream. Take one cookie and add about 1/4 cup of vanilla ice cream (or ice cream of your choice) on the bottom of the cookie. Add another cookie on top, making it into an ice cream sandwich. Repeat until your cookies are gone. This recipe makes 6 ice cream sandwiches.
Eat them! Serve immediately or wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for later enjoyment.
Pin for later:
Apple Pie CookiesPrint
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup apple finely chopped
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray cookie sheets with nonstick spray, or place silicone baking mats down.
- In a large bowl mix brown sugar, butter, egg and vanilla with electric hand mixer until combined and fluffy. Add in flour, nutmeg, salt and baking soda and continue mixing.
- Add chopped apple and chocolate chips to bowl, stirring with a spoon to combine.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of cookie dough from bowl, shape into ball and place on baking sheet. Repeat until all dough is gone, placing cookies about 2 inches apart. This will make 12 cookies.
- Bake in the oven for 12-13 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
Want to make ice cream sandwiches with these cookies?
- Once cookies are cool, transfer them to the freezer for 30 minutes. Please don't skip this step, or you'll have broken cookies once you add the ice cream to them.
- Take one cookie and add about 1/4 cup of vanilla ice cream (or ice cream of your choice) on the bottom of the cookie. Add another cookie on top, making it into an ice cream sandwich. Repeat until you have the amount of ice cream sandwiches you want (this recipe makes 6). Serve immediately or wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for later enjoyment.