Chocolate Protein Powder Oatmeal is a healthy breakfast recipe! It’s made with chocolate protein powder and chocolate chips! Who doesn’t want chocolate for breakfast?
One breakfast I’ve been loving is Double Chocolate Protein Powder Oatmeal. With this Double Chocolate Protein Oatmeal I get what I need: protein to keep energy up and chocolate. Because who doesn’t need chocolate? And who doesn’t need chocolate in the morning? I look forward to waking up now!
There’s a bunch of protein powders on the market but while browsing endlessly at Target I found Vega Essentials Shake in the protein aisle. It seems to be a popular choice as they were almost all out. So I grabbed a bottle of Vega Essentials and a pack of cookies (because why not) and a pair of socks (because Target always lures me in with their socks) and a pack of pumpkin stickers (darn $1 section) and finally made my way to get checked out. Then I walked home and started to dream up some recipe ideas.
Chocolate Protein Powder Oatmeal recipe
For my Chocolate Protein Powder Oatmeal you need one scoop of Vega Essentials powder and a few basic ingredients that I know you have in your pantry. Unlike other chocolate oatmeal recipes you don’t need cocoa powder because the protein powder adds enough chocolate taste. I used vanilla almond milk because I love that stuff, but if you want to use regular milk you can surely can.
Pin for later:
Chocolate Protein Powder Oatmeal
Chocolate Protein Powder Oatmeal is a healthy breakfast recipe! It's made with chocolate protein powder and chocolate chips! Who doesn't want chocolate for breakfast?
- 1/2 cup milk regular or almond milk
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder I used Vega Essentials
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- handful of chocolate chips
- Whisk milk, protein powder, sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon in a small pot over medium high heat for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the rolled oats and continue to cook for 3-4 more minutes.
- Put the oatmeal in a bowl and put a nice handful of chocolate chips on top!