Easy to make Chocolate Coffee Donuts with Vanilla Chocolate Chip Frosting! This donut recipe is a family favorite! Everyone thinks they’re delicious!
I have to tell you something. I made these Chocolate Coffee Donuts to take to work to share with everyone, but instead I kept them at home because I wanted to eat them all. And I did, I ate them all, and I didn’t regret it one bit.
Chocolate Coffee Donuts
These donuts are the best of all worlds, moist chocolate donuts, vanilla frosting that sticks perfectly to the donuts, mini chocolate chips on top, and the sublte taste of coffee. What gives the donuts a special taste is that I used 1 tablespoon of Folgers instant coffee granules in the batter. Use 1-2 tablespoons depending on how “coffee” you want it to taste. I love how simple Instant coffee is to use in recipes!
These are perfect breakfast or brunch donuts to serve alongside a nice cup of coffee. They also make a great dessert. I love that you can get a small dose of your caffeine fix in, while eating a donut!
Best Instant Coffee Recipe
Pin for later:
Looking fore more donut recipes? Try my chocolate donuts recipe!
Chocolate Coffee DonutsPrint
For the donuts
- 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
For the Frosting
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- mini chocolate chips
For the donuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray your donut pan with nonstick spray.
- Stir together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add oil, milk, vanilla and coffee and continue to stir until mixed.
- Pour into donut pan (about 3/4 filled) and bake 11-12 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
For the frosting
- For the frosting, mix powdered sugar and milk together in bowl with a spoon.
- Once donuts are cooled down, dip each one into the frosting. Add mini chocolate chips on top.