BAKED Chocolate Chip Donuts are AMAZING! This easy recipe makes fluffy delicious homemade donuts that are ready in 10 minutes! Mini chocolate chips are baked inside the donuts with the best chocolate frosting on top! I’m in love with these double chocolate donuts!
It’s been a little while since my last donut recipe, but don’t worry, I’ve been eating my share of donuts! With T-Minus 30 days before the baby comes (if she’s on time!) I’ve having my share of sweet tooth cravings. This past weekend I was craving chocolate chips and donuts so I decided to combine these 2 beautiful worlds and make these Chocolate Chip Chocolate Frosted Donuts which are amazing! I think you’re going to love them!
The donuts themselves are a vanilla cake donut with mini chocolate chips baked in. Each bite gives you a little bit of chocolate chip taste – yum!
On top I spread my favorite chocolate frosting that is also a reader favorite! What we’re left with is some extra soft, moist, chocolate chip donuts that have just the right amount of frosting on top!
How to Make Chocolate Chip Donuts
For this recipe I’d suggest using mini chocolate chips as they are size appropriate for the donuts but if you only have normal size they would work in a pinch too.
Mix them into the dough with a spoon and your batter will be ready. Who else can’t resist a spoonful of batter before they bake the donuts?
And what comes out of your oven only 10 minutes later are fluffy beautiful looking chocolate chip donuts!
Make your chocolate frosting in a bowl and you can dunk each donut into it or spread with a knife on each donut.
I like to add a few extra mini chocolate chips on top of each donut for taste and appearance.
Each donut has just the perfect combination of chocolate and vanilla and your heart is going to melt when you tear into a donut and see it’s filled with chocolate chips!
Enjoy these Chocolate Chip Chocolate Frosted Donuts!
PS. If you don’t have a donut pan, invest in two– trust me, it’s worth it for these donuts! It’s one of my favorite kitchen tools!
PSS. If you’re looking for other donut recipes, click here – I really love donuts!
Pin for later:
Chocolate Chip Donuts
BAKED Chocolate Chip Chocolate Frosted Donuts are AMAZING! This easy recipe makes fluffy delicious homemade donuts that are ready in 10 minutes! Mini chocolate chips are baked inside the donuts with the best chocolate frosting on top! I'm in love with these double chocolate donuts!
For the donuts
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
For the chocolate frosting
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
For the donuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a donut pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Add milk, eggs, vanilla and butter, continuing to beat it until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips with a spoon.
- Pour batter into donut pan (I fill each up about 90%). Bake for 10 minutes in the oven. Remove from oven and allow to cool, about 10-15 minutes.
- Once donuts are cool, remove from pan and dip them into the frosting or use a knife to spread the frosting on top of each one.
- Add additional mini chocolate chips on top of each donut if you'd like.
For the frosting
- In a bowl using a hand mixer, mix together powdered sugar and butter until creamed well. Add milk and cocoa powder and continue to mix until creamy and well combined.