Easy Chocolate Chip Donuts recipe that makes fluffy baked homemade donuts ready in 10 minutes! Mini chocolate chips are baked inside the donuts with the best chocolate frosting on top!
It’s been a little while since my last donut recipe, but don’t worry, I’ve been eating my share of donuts! With T-Minus 30 days before the baby comes (update: she arrived!) I’ve having my share of sweet tooth cravings.
This past weekend I was craving chocolate chips and donuts so I decided to combine these 2 beautiful worlds and make these Chocolate Chip Donuts which are amazing! I think you’re going to love them too!
The recipe makes 12 dozen fluffy donuts that have mini chocolate chips baked in. On top is a rich chocolate frosting, along with a couple more chocolate chips. The donuts are moist, soft and taste just like they’re from the bakery!
How to Make Chocolate Chip Donuts
For this recipe I’d suggest using mini chocolate chips as they are size appropriate for the donuts but if you only have normal size they would work too.
Mix the chocolate chips into the dough with a spoon and your batter will be ready. Who else can’t resist a spoonful of batter before they bake the donuts?
Fill up each donut pan spot about 90% of the way. I always clean off the donut pan hole part as it will bake a cleaner donut.
Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
You could glaze these if you want but I prefer them with chocolate frosting or buttercream icing. Make your chocolate frosting in a bowl and then dunk each donut into it or spread with a knife on each donut. Finally, add a couple more chocolate chips on top!
Each donut has just the perfect amount of chocolate and your heart is going to melt when you bite into a donut and taste that it’s filled with chocolate chips!
I hope you enjoy these Chocolate Chip Donuts!
More Donut Recipes
Love donuts? Me too. Here’s some of my favorite recipes:
- Baked Strawberry Donuts
- Pumpkin Donuts
- Glazed Carrot Cake Donuts
- Jelly Donut Holes
- Chocolate Coffee Donuts
- Chocolate Christmas Donuts
Pin for later:
Chocolate Chip DonutsPrint
For the donuts
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
For the chocolate frosting
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
For the donuts
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Spray a donut pan with nonstick spray. This recipe makes 12 donuts.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Add milk, eggs, vanilla and butter, continuing to beat it until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips with a spoon.
- Pour batter into donut pan (I fill each up about 90%) and bake for 10 minutes in the oven. Remove from oven and allow to cool, about 15 minutes.
- Once donuts are cool, remove from pan and dip them into the frosting or use a knife to spread the frosting on top of each one.
- Add additional mini chocolate chips on top of each donut if you'd like.
For the frosting
- In a bowl using a hand mixer, mix together powdered sugar and butter until creamed well. Add milk and cocoa powder and continue to mix until creamy and well combined.
Leave a Comment