The best Glazed Carrot Cake Donuts recipe! This recipe is easy to make, resulting in moist soft donuts! These homemade baked donuts are made with fresh carrots and taste just like carrot cake!
Do you love donuts? Do you love carrot cake? Then I have the perfect recipe for you!
This Winter we got very lucky with our carrots. We didn’t have high hopes for them but upon one Spring cleanup day we were surprised to find pounds of carrots hiding under the soil waiting for us to find them. It was a big surprise and it created some even bigger garden smiles
Aren’t they just beauties? I just can’t get enough of fresh carrots. There’s nothing like the taste of a carrot that was just picked. Sometimes I nibble on one as soon as I pick it, I just can’t help myself. So I took the carrots down to the kitchen and pondered… What to make?
(Reminder: Never throw away your carrot tops! Make this Carrot Tops Vegetable Broth!)
Carrot Cake Donuts Ingredients
These donuts basically require the same ingredients as carrot cake. You’ll need;
- orange juice
- melted butter
- brown sugar
- baking powder
- baking soda
The vanilla glaze on top is a tried and tested recipe that I use all the time! You make it with milk, vanilla extract and powdered sugar.
How to Make Carrot Cake Donuts
These donuts are really easy to make because we bake then in the oven.
- You’ll first want to beat the egg in a large bowl. Then add your orange juice, butter, vanilla and sugar.
- Next stir in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and allspices. YUM, that smells good! Keep mixing.
- Gently fold in your shredded carrots to the mixture. Use a spoon to mix them.
- Fill your donut pan up about 1/2-3/4 full.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes.
- When the donuts are baking, start making your sugar glaze. For this you’ll combine milk and vanilla in a saucepan on the stove.
- Then add your powdered sugar into the mix, whisking slowly until combined.
- Remove from heat, and carefully dip each donut into the glaze. Careful not to burn yourself (this is a job for adults).
- Set on rack and cool.
- My favorite part… eat them!
These donuts are definitely a keeper in my garden notebook now. I can’t wait for our next carrot harvest to make (and devour!) some more Carrot Cake Donuts!
Did you make and love this recipe? Give it your review below! 👇 And make sure to share your creations by tagging me or using the hashtag #brooklynfarmgirl on Instagram!
Pin for later:
Glazed Carrot Cake DonutsPrint
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 1 ¼ cup shredded carrots
For the glaze
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cups confectioners powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat egg in large bowl. Add orange juice, butter, vanilla and sugar, beat well.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and allspice and mix till moistened.
- Gently fold in shredded carrots.
- Fill donut pan up.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes. Let cool for 2 minutes.
For the glaze
- Combine milk and vanilla in a saucepan and heat over medium heat.
- Stir in confectioners powdered sugar into milk mixture. Whisk slowly, until well combined.
- Remove from heat and dip each donut into glaze.
- Set on rack until cool enough to eat.