EASY to make Peach Cake with Vanilla Frosting recipe. The cake is so moist and made with fresh peaches inside and for decoration on top. This cake is made with two 8 inch cake pans layered together. It’s the perfect cake for Summer peach season!
It’s the middle of the Summer which means it’s peach season at the farmers market. I love juicy peaches! I love them for breakfast. I love them for afternoon snacks. I love making easy peach jam with them! But I especially love them in this Peach Cake!
Do you have a favorite Summer cake that your entire family looks forward to? Or do you have fond memories of your Grandmother making the best peach cake? This is one of those seasonal recipes that bring back instant memories for me.
This is a old fashioned, homemade peach cake recipe. Imagine if you opened up your Grandma’s recipe box. This cake recipe would be in there!
It’s not full of fancy bells and whistles. It’s all about moist cake, fluffy vanilla buttercream frosting and fresh peaches! Easy and delicious!
Peach Cake Recipe
This cake is what cake dreams are made out of. The cake is extremely moist and filled with little bits of peaches. The frosting is vanilla buttercream and decorated with fresh peaches.
And the smell of it! The smell of it you guys! It smells like Summer. It smells like sweet peaches. It smells amazing!
Not only is everyone going to exclaim how good this cake is, but it’s also super easy to make. It comes from one of my favorite vanilla cake recipes, made with two 8 inch cake pans layered on top of each other.
Easy Vanilla Frosting
This is a rich vanilla buttercream frosting made with butter, confectioners sugar, milk and vanilla. Make sure to use softened butter and cream butter for 3 (!) minutes until fluffy. Don’t skip on those 3 minutes because it makes all the difference in a fluffy frosting!
It’s one of my favorite frosting recipes and I use it for everything, including whoopie pies and cupcakes! Make sure to save the recipe for your go to favorite frosting!
Fresh or canned peaches?
Because it’s peach season, I recommend using fresh peaches, but if you’re making this cake not in season, you can use canned peaches too. Just make sure to drain them before using them!
Hope you enjoy this Peach Cake!
Make sure to post a photo of your cake on Instagram and tag it #brooklynfarmgirl. I feature all recipes!
Looking for more Summer recipes? Check out my blueberry jam and blueberry buckle!
Pin for later:
Peach Cake With Vanilla FrostingPrint
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 tesapoon salt
- 2 cups fresh peaches pits removed and chopped
- 1 cup butter softened
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 peaches sliced, for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two 8 inch cake pans with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl use a hand mixer to mix together butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add milk and vanilla and continue to mix until all combined.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt and continue to mix. Add chopped fresh peaches and stir with a spoon to equally distribute them.
- Divide the batter equally and pour into the two 8 inch cake pans.
- Bake in oven for 28 to 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for 20 minutes before removing from cake pans.
- Cream butter with hand mixer for 3 minutes until fluffy. This is a important step to get fluffy frosting! Add sugar, 1 cup at a time and continue mixing. Add vanilla and milk and mix a additional 1-2 minutes.
- Using a knife, frost both tops of cakes and put them on top of each other. Frost the sides of the cakes. Add fresh peach slices across the sides of the cake and on top for decoration.
Leave a Comment