I made this Chocolate Cake In a Mug for Lunch yesterday. I know, the things I do for you guys.
Even though this is made in a few quick minutes in the microwave, it still is so chocolaty and rich. It definitely tastes like warm chocolate cake that will treat your sweet tooth. I also love this recipe because it’s individual servings. If you’re in the mood for chocolate cake but don’t want to feel the guilt of eating a entire cake (real talk) then this will totally do the trick. I totally think this would be adorable for serving multiple friends their own mugs, or even making one mug with 2 forks to share with a friend.
And how does it do when you tip it out of the mug? Beautifully…..
Chocolate Cake In a MugPrint
- 4 dessertspoons flour
- 4 dessertspoons sugar
- 2 dessertspoons cocoa
- 1 small egg beaten
- 3 dessertspoons milk
- 3 dessertspoons vegetable oil
- 3 drops vanilla extract
- 1 handful of chocolate chips
- Combine flour, sugar and cocoa in a mug. Stir in the beaten egg, milk and oil, then add vanilla drops and chocolate chips.
- Cook uncovered in the microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Allow to cool, and then eat in the mug or tip out on to a plate.
Want to make it extra chocolate? Spread a thin layer of chocolate frosting on top after it's cooked. Adapted from Irish Country Cooking, Sterling Publishing