Single Serving Blueberry Sponge Mug Cake recipe that only takes 1 minute in the microwave to bake! This easy to make low calorie microwave sponge cake recipe will help your sweet tooth cravings!
I’m a dessert kinda girl. I eat dinner, and then sit for about 15 minutes thinking about dessert. What should it be? A few dark chocolate pieces? A strawberry donut? A apple crumble bar? A black bean brownie? The decisions!
Lately I’ve been craving cake but having a entire cake in my kitchen is putting me in the pure danger zone. Say goodbye to the food groups, now it’s just going to be cake.
There’s a easy way to solve this craving though – single serving mug cake! Not only does this taste delicious, but it takes less than 2 minutes to make! 2 minutes for a delicious sugary soft piece of Blueberry Mug Cake? Yes, please!
Next time you have a sweet tooth and you want a piece of cake, but know having a full cake in your house isn’t a good move, reach for your mug and make this single serving Blueberry Sponge Cake!
How to Make This Microwave Sponge Cake
Mix together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, butter, egg and vanilla in a mug.
This recipe uses ½ of a egg. Please only use half of the egg, not the entire thing, as it will be too “egg spongy”.
Tip: If you want to make this eggless, you can substitute 2 tablespoons of applesauce instead of the egg.
Use a spoon and gently stir your blueberries in, careful not to crush them. You can use fresh or frozen berries.
Throw the mug in the microwave for 60-80 seconds. After 60 seconds, check in on it every 10 seconds until you see it has that bouncy cake quality.
Allow to cool down for 1 minute. Eat as is, or sprinkle some powdered sugar on top. You could even add some frosting on top if you’d like!
Take a bite and enjoy this Blueberry Sponge Mug Cake!
Blueberry Sponge Mug CakePrint
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter softened
- 1/2 egg beaten
- 2 drops vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons blueberries
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, butter, egg and vanilla in a mug. Add blueberries and gently fold into cake batter using a spoon, careful not to crush them.
- Put the mug in microwave for 1 minute. Once 1 minute is up, check to see if it has a cake like texture. If not, microwave for 10 additional seconds. The cake will take 60-80 seconds.
- Allow to cool for 1 minute. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top if desired. Eat directly out of the mug. Enjoy!