Carrot Souffle Cake recipe made 2 pounds of carrots and made sweet with butter, brown sugar and more. It’s delicious healthy alternative to carrot cake!
This Carrot Souffle you guys!
I invite every single one of you over my house to try a piece of this Carrot Souffle. I want you all to be believers that boiled and mashed carrots can make one heck of a great tasting dessert. This Souffle is made out of magic… and a ton of carrots!
Last week we picked pounds and pounds of carrots in the garden. We usually use them in pasta dishes or some breakfast bread, but I really wanted to use them for dessert. There’s the go to carrot cake but I really wanted a dish that would let the carrots shine. This Carrot Souffle totally does that.
Carrot Souffle Cake
This recipe uses 2 pounds of carrots! 2 pounds! So if you’re swimming in garden carrots this is a great and tasty way to use them up! Even though there is a ton of carrots in here, it’s still a very sweet and decadent dessert. The texture is of a lightly baked cake. You can serve it with a dusting of powdered sugar or throw some frosting on top. Either way, this Carrot Souffle is going to be a winner at the dessert table!
(Reminder: Never throw away your carrot tops! Make this Carrot Tops Vegetable Broth!)
Carrot Souffle Cake
Carrot Souffle Cake recipe made 2 pounds of carrots and made sweet with butter, brown sugar and more. It's delicious healthy alternative to carrot cake!
- 2 pounds of carrots - peeled and sliced thin
- 1/2 cup butter - melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- powdered sugar or frosting to put on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Place sliced carrots into pot. Cook carrots until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Put carrots, butter, sugars, flour, baking powder, vanilla, eggs, cinnamon and salt into food processor. Pulse a few times until smooth.
- Transfer to circular baking dish that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar or put a dot of frosting on top of each slice.
If there's any leftovers, store in refrigerator. When ready for a piece, throw in microwave for 30 seconds to heat up.