Very fresh, easy to make homemade pumpkin pie recipe! This classic pumpkin pie is made with 8 simple ingredients, including real pumpkin, in a buttery flaky pie crust.
Best Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Pumpkins are one of my favorite things to grow in the garden (shh, don’t tell the other vegetables!). Not only do I get to decorate our apartment with beautiful pumpkins, but I get to make my favorite pumpkin pie recipe with them too!
If you can use fresh pumpkin for this recipe, please do, it really elevates the taste of a homemade pumpkin pie! If you’ve never made fresh pumpkin purée before, here’s how to make homemade pumpkin puree. It’s easy – I promise! But if you want to use canned pumpkin – you totally can too! It’s up to you!
Ingredients For Pumpkin Pie
The ingredient list is actually super simple. This pie requires just 8 ingredients, including the crust! You’ll need:
- Pumpkin Purée (fresh or canned)
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Spices – cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg
- Pie crust
- Whipped Cream is optional, but highly recommended
How to Make Homemade Pumpkin Pie
This recipe won’t take more than 15 active minutes. You’ll start by preparing the pie crust. If you’re using a frozen pie crust, remove from the freezer right when you start. If you’re using a homemade pie crust, add into a greased pie pan.
Now, mix all the filling ingredients. The condensed milk adds a creamy, dreamy richness that you don’t find in most pumpkin pie recipes. Pour into the pie crust.
You’re going to bake this at 2 different temperatures. Just trust me on this one as it makes perfect pumpkin pie. First bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes. Then reduce the temperature to 350 and bake for 35 more minutes. PERFECT!
Your pumpkin pie will still have a slight jiggle when cooked, but not be wet or wiggly. Make sure you allow the pumpkin pie to cool after baking. I usually cool my pie on a cooling rack to speed up the process.
You can serve pumpkin pie at room temperature, but it also tastes great chilled. I like to add some whipped cream topping for extra deliciousness!
Can I make Pumpkin Pie in Advance?
Feel free to make this pumpkin pie the day before serving. That way you’ll free up time and precious oven space in your kitchen for a special holiday feast.
Serve this at Thanksgiving and watch as your guests mutter nothing but “mmmm’s” and “ooooohhhh yeeaaahhhh’s” around the dinner table. The filling is truly the star of the show! It’s mega flavorful, perfectly sweet, subtly spiced, so creamy and seriously PERFECT.
I hope you enjoy my favorite Pumpkin Pie Recipe!
Tip: Have leftovers? Make this Leftover Pumpkin Pie Milkshake!
Easy Pumpkin Pie RecipePrint
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree (or use fresh pumpkin puree!)
- 14 oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 9 inch unbaked pie crust
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. If using a frozen pie crust, remove from the freezer now. If using a homemade pie crust, grease a pie pan and add crust into the pan.
- Mix pumpkin, condensed milk, eggs, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt in a bowl. Pour into crust and bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and continue baking 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Serve, adding whipped cream on top of each piece (optional, but delicious!).