Easy to make dump cake made with pumpkin puree and a box of yellow cake mix. Takes 1 hour from start to finish.
Pumpkin Dump Cake Recipe
I’m not sure it gets much easier than a dump cake. Basically throw all the ingredients into a baking dish, bake and then serve! It takes no longer than 5 minutes to prepare this pumpkin dump cake!
Serve with whipped cream or cool whip on top for a real Fall treat! If you’re looking to make it real special, you can even make your own homemade pumpkin puree, but don’t worry, a store bought can works great too!
What is a Dump Cake?
A dump cake is prepared by “dumping” ingredients into a baking dish. There is little stirring involved, making it a quick and easy cake. Cake mix is always added last to give it a cake topping.
How to Make a Dump Cake
Spray a 13×9 baking dish to prevent sticking.
Mix together pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, eggs, brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt together in a mixing bowl. Add to baking dish.
Mix together cake mix, walnuts and melted butter until a crumbly mixture forms. Sprinkle this on top of the pumpkin puree mixture in the baking dish.
Bake and serve. SO EASY, right?!
Can I use another type of cake mix? Sure, use vanilla or spice cake mix instead of yellow.
What should I top it with? Eat as is, or add whipped cream, cool whip, raspberry jam or blueberries on top.
Can I add chocolate chips? Yes, you can add chocolate chips to anything – hah. I prefer the chocolate chips to be added to the top cake mix layer. You can also add them on top after the cake is baked.
How should I store it? Store any leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
How long does dump cake last? It will last 5 days in the refrigerator.
Other Pumpkin Puree Recipes
Pumpkin Roll With Cream Cheese Filling
Baked Pumpkin Donuts
Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
Homemade Pumpkin Scones
Fluffy Pumpkin Pancakes
Easy Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Pin for later:
Pumpkin Dump CakePrint
- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 18.25 ounce box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl add pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, eggs, brown sugar and white sugar, stir to combine. Add cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt into the bowl and stir again. Pour mixture evenly into the baking dish.
- In the same bowl used above (no need to dirty another bowl) combine cake mix, pecans and melted butter until a crumbly mixture forms. Sprinkle this mixture evenly on top of the other ingredients in the baking dish.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until bottom and edges are lightly browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool before serving. I recommend adding whipped cream on top for a real treat!
Leave a Comment