A Leftover Pumpkin Pie Milkshake is the best way to use up your Thanksgiving pumpkin pie! This easy 4-ingredient recipe blends actual pie slices into a creamy, tasty, and fall-themed dessert.
The best way to use leftover Thanksgiving pumpkin pie
Sick of munching on leftover turkey, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, and pumpkin pie for days after Thanksgiving? Me too. Instead of eating the same meal over and over again, you’ve gotta get creative and turn the pounds of leftovers into new and delicious dishes that your family will love.
Pumpkin pie is essential at most holiday celebrations but definitely always Thanksgiving. Even if I end up with only a few slices leftover, it hurts my heart too much to throw them out! Instead of snacking on the slices, I threw them in a blender with ice cream and invented this Leftover Pumpkin Pie Milkshake!
Every sip is rich, decadent, and tastes just like fall. It’s the best and easiest dessert to enjoy after devouring a reinvented Thanksgiving leftover menu. All you need is your leftover pumpkin pie, ice cream, milk, warming spices, and a blender!
How to make a pumpkin milkshake
You’ll never wonder about what to do with leftover pumpkin pie again after sipping on this easy pumpkin milkshake. It all comes together in a few simple steps:
Place your milk, vanilla ice cream, pumpkin pie spice, and leftover pumpkin pie into your blender.
Blend everything together until you have a creamy and smooth mixture.
Pour the pumpkin pie milkshake into two glasses, top with whipped cream, then serve and enjoy!
Tips and substitutions
- Milk – Any dairy or non-dairy milk will work in this pumpkin shake.
- No pumpkin pie spice? It can easily be omitted or substituted with a sprinkle of cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
- Toppings – I love topping this leftover pumpkin pie milkshake with a generous dollop of whipped cream, graham cracker crumbs, a sprinkle of cinnamon, or a maraschino cherry.
- More texture – If you prefer to have chunks of pie swirled throughout the shake, blend the shake base without the pie slices at first. Once your vanilla base is smooth and creamy, add the pie and pulse the blender a few times to break it into small pieces.
The ultimate Thanksgiving leftovers menu
Do you love the idea of creating a second meal out of your Thanksgiving leftovers? Lucky for you I have a whole menu’s worth of delicious dishes that can be made out of your leftover turkey, stuffing, and potatoes:
- Turkey – Turn to these turkey sliders or turkey casserole instead of heating up the leftover slices.
- Ham – If you opted for ham instead of turkey, try turning the leftovers into this sweet potato and ham soup.
- Sides – Veggies and stuffing can all be thrown into a broccoli stuffing casserole. Don’t let those deliciously fluffy mashed potatoes go to waste either! Learn how to freeze them or transform them into decadent mashed potato patties!
- Pumpkin – If you overestimated how much pumpkin you needed for the holidays, you can use up the leftover puree in dinner rolls, mac and cheese, or even Starbucks copycat scones.
More ice cream and shake recipes to try
- Classic Vanilla Pretzel Milkshake
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- The Best Chocolate Milkshake
- Strawberry Ice Cream with No Eggs
- Frozen Banana Ice Cream
Pin for later:
Leftover Pumpkin Pie MilkshakePrint
- 1 cup milk dairy or plant based
- 3/4 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 slice pumpkin pie this should be 1/8 of a pie
- whipped cream optional
- Add all ingredients except whipped cream into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into 2 glasses. Add whipped cream on top of each. Serve with a straw and a spoon!