3 ingredient Frozen Banana Ice Cream recipe, only 150 calories a serving! This easy healthy recipe tastes just like soft serve, no ice cream maker needed! All you need is bananas, peanut butter and cocoa powder.
Frozen Banana Ice Cream
During the Summer, I crave ice cream! Actually it doesn’t matter the season, I always crave ice cream! It can be Winter and I’m like “Let’s eat some ice cream!”.
This Frozen Banana Ice Cream recipe is one of my favorites because it’s easy to make (takes a 1 minute) and only requires 3 ingredients. Once you make this you might never buy another pint of ice cream again!
Freeze Those Brown Bananas
I say no to ever letting food go to waste. There’s lots of great banana recipes you can make with brown bananas. Some of my favorites are mini banana muffins, banana bread, banana bread cookies, chocolate banana popsicles etc. And here’s how to make bananas last longer!
But if you have a over abundance of brown bananas and can’t bake with them – freeze them! No seriously, it’s that simple, just throw the whole bananas in the freezer! Done! Now when a recipe calls for a banana, you don’t need to go to the store, just open up your freezer!
Frozen Banana Recipes
I recommend using frozen bananas because it makes it ice cream without having to freeze it. I love this recipe so much that I always keep a couple bananas in the freezer so we can quickly make this whenever I get a ice cream craving!
Banana Ice Cream Ingredients
You only need 3 ingredients:
- Peanut Butter
- Cocoa Powder
Don’t you love a easy 3 ingredient recipe? I sure do!
Frozen Banana Ice Cream Recipe
You don’t need a ice cream maker for this recipe which makes it simple to make.
- You’ll peel your bananas and cut them into pieces. I cut each banana into about 5 pieces.
- Add bananas, peanut butter and cocoa powder to food processor or blender.
- Pulse for about 15-20 seconds or until frozen soft serve consistency is achieved.
- Serve right away or you can put in a container to freeze for later.
I was shocked the first time I made this frozen banana ice cream. Can you really have soft serve ice cream without a machine? Yes, you sure can! I’m talking real soft serve consistency here, like you ordered it from a ice cream truck!
The best part is that you can have ice cream, without needing milk or sugar which is always packed in with the store bought ice creams. With just 3 ingredients you have your own homemade ice cream – with less calories! A serving of this ice cream is only 150 calories!
You need to trust me on this one guys, but this homemade frozen banana ice cream is life changing! Please try it!
Pin for later:
Frozen Banana Ice CreamPrint
- 2 Frozen Bananas
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- Peel bananas and cut them into pieces. I cut each banana in 4 pieces.
- Add bananas, peanut butter and cocoa powder to food processor.
- Pulse for about 15-20 seconds or until frozen soft serve consistency.
- Serve right away or put in container to store in freezer.