ITALIAN Ham and Turkey Sliders with ROASTED Vegetables on Hawaiian Sweet Rolls! This mini sandwich recipe is so easy to make and makes the perfect meal for dinner, potlucks and party finger foods!
You’re going to love these Italian Ham and Turkey Sliders with roasted vegetables! They are the perfect mini sandwich for dinner, potlucks and picnics!
Our family loves sandwiches, especially Italian Sandwiches. For dinner I wanted to do something fun with sandwiches, so I grabbed a pack of Hawaiian sweet dinner rolls and created mini sandwiches with ham, turkey, cheese and roasted mushrooms, peppers and tomatoes!
Ham and Turkey Sliders
Let’s start with the ingredients. Since these are Italian sliders, we’ll need delicious deli meat. I used Smoked Ham and Honey Turkey Breast. Leftover Thanksgiving turkey is great for these sandwiches too!
How to Roast Vegetables
We’ll also need some vegetables we’re going to quickly roast. Slice up some mushrooms, green peppers and tomatoes!
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and roast the vegetables for 20 minutes, flipping them over at the 10 minute marks. Your tomatoes should be cut fairly thick as they will significantly slim down when roasting.
Hawaiian Roll Sliders
While the vegetables are roasting we can prepare our mini sandwiches. You can use any dinner rolls you want but I love Hawaiian sweet rolls for sliders!
Now grab your Smoked Ham, Honey Turkey Breast and provolone cheese and start making your sandwiches.
First open up all the mini rolls…
Now add your ham and turkey! I find that some people prefer ham or turkey, so I like to make ham only sandwiches, turkey only sandwiches and some with both! It’s really up to you!
Each slider gets half a piece of cheese that I just rip up in my hands!
Now that the roasted vegetables are done (and your kitchen smells amazing!) we can start adding the veggies on the sandwiches.
First the tomatoes….!
Now the peppers and mushrooms (my favorite!)
Now take each one and add it to a baking dish as we’re going to throw it in the oven for a few more minutes to melt the cheese and give the rolls a nice golden brown touch!
To get a little crispy on top, spread a small amount of butter on top of each roll.
Now broil on low for 2-3 minutes. Watch these carefully as they will burn quickly! Basically babysit them and as soon as they turn crispy pull from the oven. Now marvel at your beautiful Italian Ham and Turkey Sliders!
Make these sliders for dinner, potlucks, picnics, baby showers and more! Trust me, everyone will love them!
What I love most about them (besides the taste) is that there is something about finger food that makes it automatically fun! Kids will definitely finish their dinner with these!
Pin these Italian Ham and Turkey Sliders for later:
Follow me for more recipes and stories.
I’d love to get to know you! Let’s be friends!
Italian Ham and Turkey SlidersPrint
- 8 oz package of mushrooms sliced
- 2 tomatoes thickly sliced
- 1 small green pepper sliced
- olive oil
- 12 dinner rolls
- 12-24 pieces deli ham and turkey
- 6 pieces provolone cheese each slice cut in half
- softened butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Add mushrooms, tomatoes and green pepper to a baking sheet. Drizzle a small amount of olive oil on top and mix to cover. Add a sprinkle of salt on top. Bake vegetables for 20 minutes, flipping them at 10 minutes.
- Cut open each dinner roll. Add a slice of deli ham or turkey to each one. Add half a slice of provolone cheese on top. Add a small amount or roasted mushrooms, tomatoes and green pepper on each. Cover with top part of dinner roll.
- Place mini sandwiches in baking dish. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until the top of each roll is slightly browned. Keep a eye on them because they will burn quickly!